Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen

Hybrid View

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Josh Allen

Wyonation seems to think Josh Allen will go #1 in the draft.

Typical posts include:
    1. More athletic than Wentz.
    2. Bigger arm than Wentz.
    3. Same coaches Wentz had.
    4. Same system Wentz had.

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

I find these hilarious and have Allen as a NFL bust.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Josh Allen

I believe the Browns should draft him. Yes definitely

No way he is athletic as Wentz. Not even close.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I believe the Browns should draft him. Yes definitely

I don't because it gives Wyoming fans an excuse for him being a bust
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Wyonation seems to think Josh Allen will go #1 in the draft.

Typical posts include:
    1. More athletic than Wentz.
    2. Bigger arm than Wentz.
    3. Same coaches Wentz had.
    4. Same system Wentz had.

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

I find these hilarious and have Allen as a NFL bust.

Thoughts?
    He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.
    I don't see Josh Allen in the film room at 6:00 am and going home 15 hours later....

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I don't see Josh Allen in the film room at 6:00 am and going home 15 hours later....
    I mean... he's in college... just sayin.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    YES. What separates Wentz from guys who have even better tools is he is a "football rat." He is constantly thinking about the game, and his role in it. He is excited by studying film. He is extremely knowledgable about his offense and how it functions rather than simply parroting plays sent to him. He understands how to manipulate defenses. He understands every player's role in a given play. He just plain understands stuff that most QBs, even at the NFL level, don't.

There are lots of guys who can "spin it" down the field. They might even be more accurate. But they are automatons. And can't really understand the offense beyond the play radioed to them by the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    YES. What separates Wentz from guys who have even better tools is he is a "football rat." He is constantly thinking about the game, and his role in it. He is excited by studying film. He is extremely knowledgable about his offense and how it functions rather than simply parroting plays sent to him. He understands how to manipulate defenses. He understands every player's role in a given play. He just plain understands stuff that most QBs, even at the NFL level, don't.

There are lots of guys who can "spin it" down the field. They might even be more accurate. But they are automatons. And can't really understand the offense beyond the play radioed to them by the OC.
    And Wentz didn't pee down his leg like a scared little boy whenever we played a good team. He elevated his game and made everyone better.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am not saying Allen will become a great QB, but he will have access to resources unlike anything he has ever seen in college. Guys learn more in their first couple years in the NFL about football then in any other couple year period in their life. If he gets put in the right situation with the right people, there is a good likelihood he could become a good NFL QB.

Maybe someone like CW would have had a way different learning curve being drafted by the Browns, but I don't think there is any way he is in MVP discussions in his second year.