Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Josh Allen

Wyonation seems to think Josh Allen will go #1 in the draft.

Typical posts include:
    1. More athletic than Wentz.
    2. Bigger arm than Wentz.
    3. Same coaches Wentz had.
    4. Same system Wentz had.

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

I find these hilarious and have Allen as a NFL bust.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Josh Allen

I believe the Browns should draft him. Yes definitely

No way he is athletic as Wentz. Not even close.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post

Typical posts include:

"Mel Kiper's No. 1 overall player in the NFL Draft finished eighth in completion percentage, seventh in passer rating and sixth in passing YPG in the Mountain West."

Thoughts?
    He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's athletic and has a big arm... whether either of those is better than Wentz is debatable. The NFL drools over those physical tools but IMO what differentiates Wentz from all the other athletic guys with big arms who are NFL busts is his football aptitude and his work ethic. If Allen is anywhere near Wentz in those two categories he'll be a good NFL QB with his physical tools but, judging from the few games of his I watched this year, he needs a lot of work to his game before it translates to NFL success IMO.
    I don't see Josh Allen in the film room at 6:00 am and going home 15 hours later....

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post

Typical posts include:

Thoughts?
    The fact they want him to go to the Browns just so he can go #1 shows how intelligent that fan base is.

Watched most Wyoming games he played in. His decision making and accuracy isn’t close to round 1 worthy. He has physical tools, but he is going to struggle miserably when you combine that with the Browns. You know who also has every physical tool in the box but isn’t accurate and can’t read defenses? Deshone Kizer.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

8-5 mt west... Why do analysts overlook the obvious.

Carson has a great mind, that's one of his biggest strengths. didn't see that mentioned. There are plenty of athletic guys with big arms who can't make it because they can't read defenses or get flustered. He also studies all the time watching film

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw nothing remotely close to better than Wentz talent from Allen

See how he does at the combine and Pro Days

Has anyone actually seen his performances and numbers vs Power 5 schools? After seeing that I'm not convinced he's a worthy backup NFL QB. I don't think he's even a great college QB. The college lights are too bright for him.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com