Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Wyoming

Default NDSU vs Wyoming

NDSU takes on Wyoming on Saturday in Fargo. Should be a very good test for the guys and Wyoming is very tough.

Tonight Wyoming is taking on SDSU and the big highlight should be the 141 match to close the dual. SDSU is bumping up #1 Seth Gross to face #1 Bryce Meredith. Other big matches are 157 Colgan vs Zilverberg and 125 Foster vs Brown

Default Re: NDSU vs Wyoming

SDSU beat Wyoming 20-18. Big win at HWT and a fall at 184 did it for SDSU. Meredith beat Gross 4-2. Meredith was the aggressor all match and had the only takedown in the match.

Should be a good match between NDSU and Wyoming. NDSU has a path to victory with 5 or 6 wins between 125, 133, 149, 157, 165, 184 (if McNutt is back), 197 and HWT.

125- Bianchi vs Foster is probably a toss up. My head tells me Foster wins, but I'm giving this one to NDSU. 3-0 NDSU
    133- Sykora vs #5 Bridges. Bridges is ranked #5 (largely based off 1 6 point move vs Brock). Bridges has been great this year, but I think Cam's shot defense can keep him in it. I do expect Bridges to win, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Cam win. 3-3
    141- Midkiff/Colunga vs #1 Meredith. Meredith is too good on top and mat wrestling has been a weakness of both of the Bison here. 9-3 Wyo
    149- Gliva vs #19 Turner. Turner is ranked 19th by Flo (although he is nowhere near the 19th best guy at this weight) and I expect Gliva to win. 9-6 Wyo
    157- #9 Ream vs #12 Colgan. Colgan looked very good vs Zilverberg but Zberg didn't do anything on his feet. I expect Clay to be the aggressor and to come out on top. 9-9
    165- #17 Fogarty vs #14 Ashworth. SHould be a good one but I do favor Ashworth. He has looked really good (so has Fogarty) and I expect him to win for the 3rd time in their 4th meeting. 12-9 Wyo
    174- Popp vs Pope. I'm hoping Popp can stay off his back, and if he does, he can be right in this. I do expect Pope to win by a decent margin, but not a major. 15-9 Wyo
    184- McNutt vs Polson. Polson absolutely destroyed McNutt at CKLV and we can't have that here. It should be a close match, but maybe it is just a bad matchup for McNutt. 18-9 Wyo
    197- Eaton vs Vigoren. Eaton has already beaten him twice this year and I expect the third match to go the same way. 18-13 Wyo
    HWT- Stibral vs Eagan. I don't know much about Eagan but he didn't look good vs Macki. Big Dan just needs smart offense from neutral and he wins. 18-16 Wyo

If NDSU could win all of those and flip any of 133, 165, or 184 they can win this thing.

Heard they're broadcasting this on bektel channel. Ota one of the 4 channels and apparently it is on roku now too.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Heard they're broadcasting this on bektel channel. Ota one of the 4 channels and apparently it is on roku now too.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Yeah it's on Channel 5 on Dish Network.

Great period for Bianchi as he leads 10-3 after 1. Keep this match on the feet.

https://www.bektel.com/bbn/streaming...prime-eastern/

Paul gets the 13-5 major with a takedown in the last ten seconds. He put it in coast mode the last two periods and nearly missed the major.

Huge match for Cam vs #5 Bridges

Cam not competitive on his feet in the first. Cam's shot D left a lot to be desired Trails 6-2 after one and Bridges has RT.

Going to probably have to pick top and get some tilts to get back in it.

Cam gave up two at the end of all three periods and gets majored.

Bridges speed and really his power were two much for Cam.

4-4 team score and bonus should be coming for #1 Ranked Bryce Meredith here

Meredith with the tech and wyoming leads 9-4.

Gliva vs #19 Turner. I expect Gliva to win