Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NDSU vs Wyoming

Default Re: NDSU vs Wyoming

What is going on? That was embarrassing. Is it coaching? Technique? These guys should not get thumped by this team like that.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/439142...-back-practice

Sounds like they practiced right after the dual because of the poor performance. I'm not sure I would categorize "toughness" as the number one issue, but I do think this team has displayed a very worrisome passive attitude far too often. There were so many mental errors, with Popp giving away the escape to end the first standing out the most. Several stall calls that were easy to avoid on the edge stood out as well. I'd be demanding some money back from the sports psychologist or whatever "wrestling mindset" is after that performance.

Outside of that, Eaton continues to have very poor mat awareness, Gliva is slow at finishing just about any takedown, and the whole team isn't very active on bottom. These are the biggest things that I keep noticing. Outside of those things tonight, by and large Wyoming has just out recruited and developed NDSU. Outside of 197 and HWT, they have no legitimate holes in their lineup (and they won both of those weights tonight vs NDSU).

Also, I'm not going to get over the Eaton loss. That was just awful and should NEVER happen.

He has the physical tools and is one of my favorites on the squad, but he walks into the absolute worst positions far too often.

I'll admit that I'm no wrestling guru but my untrained eye almost all the bison wrestlers outside of ream and the guy we sent out there to get toyed with (at least in my opinion he was trying to score points...) by Meridith were pretty lackluster in my opinion.

I've only been to think 3 ndsu duals but not really impressed with Kish's style, seems like we always struggle on the bottom and don't take advantage when in neutral?

Think all but a couple three tonight Wyoming had the riding time point. But maybe I need to keep my mouth shut as I've never wrestled on my life.

What was Kish upset about that cost ndsu the point via unsportsmanlike conduct? Was that the lack of the stall call?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

To make matters worse (in my eyes) SDSU knocked off UNI today after beating Wyoming on Thursday.

It pains me to see how much more successful they are than us now and these past couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

It pains me to see how much more successful they are than us now and these past couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded