Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like athletes will be able to transfer freely soon

Default Looks like athletes will be able to transfer freely soon

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Schick/stat...71983866277888

SHSU is in for a world of hurt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Default Re: Looks like athletes will be able to transfer freely soon

So one of the QBs from Alabama can transfer to Minnesota?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So one of the QBs from Alabama can transfer to Minnesota?
    The whole team could!!!!!! Why would they, would be the correct question to ask.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    https://twitter.com/ESPN_Schick/stat...71983866277888

SHSU is in for a world of hurt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    College sports in general are in for a world of hurt.

It's basically free agency in college athletics. Hopefully they get put some tampering rules in place because you know the Power 5 schools will do some shady stuff. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Wow the pressure to play players right away will be tremendous.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This would officially make the FCS and G5...feeder teams.
    College of Business Alumnus

I don't think this will be nearly as big of a deal as some of you will. To me this will lead moreso to less FBS drop downs to the FCS but there's still only so many scholarships/roster spots on FBS teams. The P5 can't hoard all the FBS transfers and recruit the cream of the crop of the lower divisions as well along with signing the max of 25 scholarship kids per class each year. I think the fact that players will be allowed to transfer without penalty from FBS to FBS will ease the impact this has on FCS players moving up. There will probably be more than there was before but I highly doubt it'll lead to mass A(D2)/AA(FCS)/AAA(G5) "call ups" to P5 schools.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think this will be nearly as big of a deal as some of you will. To me this will lead moreso to less FBS drop downs to the FCS but there's still only so many scholarships/roster spots on FBS teams. They can't hoard all the FBS transfers and recruit the cream of the crop of the lower divisions as well. I think the fact that players will be allowed to transfer without penalty from FBS to FBS will ease the impact this has on FCS players moving up. There will probably be more than there was before but I highly doubt it'll lead to mass A(D2)/AA(FCS)/AAA(G5) "call ups" to P5 schools.
    If I were an FBS coach, I would absolutely use lower tiers as feeders to fill gaps. Why wouldn't I? For example if I were the Gophers coach I would have recruited Stick hard after 2015, and 9 out of 10 times a player in that position will accept.

This will separate the P5 from everybody else. That's the obvious goal, for the big schools to get all the best talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    If I were an FBS coach, I would absolutely use lower tiers as feeders to fill gaps. Why wouldn't I? For example if I were the Gophers coach I would have recruited Stick hard after 2015, and 9 out of 10 times a player in that position will accept.
    They can do that now. It's called JUCOs. Some schools like K-State use that route quite a bit and those pipelines aren't going away. If Minnesota wants to raid NDSU/SDSU/etc then there's going to be a lot of athletes looking to transfer out of Minnesota as well because there just aren't enough scholarships to go around. The best programs at our level will adapt like they always have and the NDSUs and Montanas of the FCS will still have access to better players than the Indiana States of the FCS. Bottom line is in the end Minnesota will still be a bad B1G program and NDSU will still be an elite FCS program no matter how many players transfer into or out of each.

Saw this over on AGS and I kinda like the train of thought he's saying...don't like the idea though.

"Who will be the first program to form a relationship with P5 team and be a feeder for them?

FCS program with close ties to the P5 school and coaching staff could share the same rulebook and trade players. Be a feeder for the P5 and allow P5 players to transfer down already knowing the system.

Why redshirt at a P5 when you can play FCS for a year or two then transfer for the Spring semester and start in the fall as a sophomore or a junior? If it is a program with an affiliation, the P5 coaches can regularly visit your practices and get to know you."