Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

Default Re: FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    BS. DeLuca towards the end of the year was back to preinjury form especially in the playoffs. If he's the poster child for anything it's for being tough and dedicated.
    I have to agree with KIA on this one. From what I saw/observed, I'd say he was 80-85%, with the exception of a few plays where he played at 90-95% and those numbers mean at least a step slower on almost all plays. Instincts/experience helped him a lot, but when he had to rely on just pure ability, reaction, strength and speed, he was well off his pre knee injury form.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I have to agree with KIA on this one. From what I saw/observed, I'd say he was 80-85%, with the exception of a few plays where he played at 90-95% and those numbers mean at least a step slower on almost all plays. Instincts/experience helped him a lot, but when he had to rely on just pure ability, reaction, strength and speed, he was well off his pre knee injury form.
    There is at least one example in the national championship game that he just flat out whiffed right at the point of attack.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Many of our young men give so much sacrificially for the Bison, they leave here a shell of their athletic self. I think it was Ryan Smith who spoke about the toll top level football takes on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    BS. DeLuca towards the end of the year was back to preinjury form especially in the playoffs. If he's the poster child for anything it's for being tough and dedicated.
    Hey Homer Simpson, NOBODY is taking anything away from Deluca. If you know anything about football or have a common eye for what you were watching you would know Deluca was not his pre injury self. Prior to his injury he had COX closing speed, after his injury he was simply a real good linebacker, thus, not 1st team all-American good. Most knee injuries see a player coming back to speed two years after the injury but seldom if ever one year later. For that reason alone I give him a good chance of playing at the next level. Scouts know that as well come draft time. And, if your gonna go after round five your better off going as a rookie free agent, picking and choosing the right team and scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Many of our young men give so much sacrificially for the Bison, they leave here a shell of their athletic self. I think it was Ryan Smith who spoke about the toll top level football takes on the body.
    This is similar to the rumored reason why John Elway refuses to draft anyone from Alabama.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This is similar to the rumored reason why John Elway refuses to draft anyone from Alabama.
    Did I hear Kleiman correctly, 25ish off-season surgeries this year. That's insane. Tons of respect for these young fellas. I'm just getting over a cold and want mommy.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did I hear Kleiman correctly, 25ish off-season surgeries this year. That's insane. Tons of respect for these young fellas. I'm just getting over a cold and want mommy.
    Guessing the spring game will be pretty watered down with that many surgeries. At least we get to tailgate!

It's a violent game played by big dudes. Hard to not get injured. I would put the chances of being injured up there with bull riding or bronc busting (those dudes are a special kind of crazy).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's a violent game played by big dudes. Hard to not get injured. I would put the chances of being injured up there with bull riding or bronc busting (those dudes are a special kind of crazy).
    Yep we've got old rodeo cowboys out here in our part of the world who walk into the clinic at 50 yrs old looking like crippled up 80 year olds. But they wouldn't give up those glory years for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Guessing the spring game will be pretty watered down with that many surgeries. At least we get to tailgate!
    Yes and no. That game is really about the young guys anyway, so I don't see much difference.