Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

FTA: "If you think NFL players only come out of the FBS, take two aspirin and check the draft lists. The highly respected site NFLDraftScout.com already says the FCS features several day two picks for the NFL Draft -- in 2018. And there's always the potential for a player to drift into day one."

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/foo...uary-2018-ajaj
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Default Re: FCS NFC 2018 Draft Prospects

Deluca has a good shot but he'll need a good Senior Bowl and combine numbers. Kuhnert and Dempsey should get FA signings at least.

Thought i've heard Klieman say that James Fisher has a good shot at the next level multiple times as well.
    Rixen

My personal thoughts on this are as long as FCS players continue to be successful in the NFL, teams will continue to look there. Also I do think there will be a shift to some degree, maybe small, that players that could go FBS will consider FCS. I will hangup and listen to all that disagree with this thought.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Thought i've heard Klieman say that James Fisher has a good shot at the next level multiple times as well.
    Good luck to him. He was so consistent over his years here, but this has to be one of the toughest groups to break into in the NFL. Each team has one, and if you're good you can do it forever. Long snapping is a great way to get a college scholarship or to get onto a college football team, but has to be rough trying to make a career out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Deluca has a good shot but he'll need a good Senior Bowl and combine numbers. Kuhnert and Dempsey should get FA signings at least.
    I would give Kuhnert the best chance and Id be surprised if he isn't an active roster player next year. Deluca isn't the same player he was before the injury, not even close. Some of that may have been his desire to not get hurt again as well. If he has explosive numbers in the post season try outs we will know. He is the poster child for why P5 guys leave early if given the chance. Sure hope all goes well for him.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Saw on a draft site they had him ranked as the #9 LS for this draft.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    What a great gig, Get paid to wake up in the morning and "Snap one off"

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I used to be jealous of people that got paid to Long snap in the NFL. Now Im even more jealous of people that get paid, to Rank people in the draft who long snap.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Deluca isn't the same player he was before the injury, not even close. Some of that may have been his desire to not get hurt again as well. If he has explosive numbers in the post season try outs we will know. He is the poster child for why P5 guys leave early if given the chance. Sure hope all goes well for him.
    BS. DeLuca towards the end of the year was back to preinjury form especially in the playoffs. If he's the poster child for anything it's for being tough and dedicated.