Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Und 1/16

Default Re: Und 1/16

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I have never seen a guy, who is supposed to be a shooter, pass on so many open shots in my life. When when we actually drive and kick, he catches fairly open and will pump fake, and dribble into no where. I get he needs to be open to shoot because he doesn't create well for himself off the dribble, but come on.
    AJ is a great shooter and he can drive and create and actually get to the rim and finish. The problem is he doesn't do it nearly enough, he's way too passive a player. It's like he doesn't feel confident in his ability or doesn't want to seem selfish. I just don't get it, he was great as a redshirt freshman, thought he could become a Taylor Braun type player but he just refuses to be aggressive on the court.

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    AJ is a great shooter and he can drive and create and actually get to the rim and finish. The problem is he doesn't do it nearly enough, he's way too passive a player. It's like he doesn't feel confident in his ability or doesn't want to seem selfish. I just don't get it, he was great as a redshirt freshman, thought he could become a Taylor Braun type player but he just refuses to be aggressive on the court.
    If a 5th year senior, 4 year starter, can't be confident in his abilities by now, then it turns back on coaching. IMO. I think by now he/we/they should know his strength and weaknesses. I will say, he gets most of his driving opportunities because he plays an undersized, stretch power forward for us and usually has slower, bigger guys guarding him. I will give him credit, he does finish around the basket very well.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Horrible coaching at the end. Just let UND run the clock? We had bonus with like 10+ minutes left and we just sit at the top of the key? Want to know how to defend NDSU? Put a big man in the paint and let him roam free. He doesn't have to guard anyone because our 5 is standing in one spot outside of his range and anytime NDSU actually attempts to drive the lane, they will look at the 5 in the paint and panic.

They may get lucky, but honestly, this is one of the worst coached basketball teams I've ever seen. 3 guys standing in the corner with no movement...do we have any sets or do the players understand basketball 101? Why can't we experiment with lineups? At one point, we had AJ as the biggest guy on the floor last night and I think that was the first time I had seen that this season. Why can't we have Rocky and Spencer on the court at the same time, etc? Where is the imagination? The players don't talk on the court, they look uninterested...except for individual plays.

Sit AJ. Please.
    Just run a 3-2 zone or box and chase on PM and you're prolly good

I actually think DR has experimented with several lineups this year

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Just run a 3-2 zone or box and chase on PM and you're prolly good

I actually think DR has experimented with several lineups this year
    I just can't figure out Cam Hunter. Shoots lights out in a game but mostly does not shoot or make many..go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I just can't figure out Cam Hunter. Shoots lights out in a game but mostly does not shoot or make many..go figure.
    Freshman. That's all you need to know.

This team is literally like flipping a coin and it's either 1)heads, they are going to play hard, or 2)tails, they aren't. Just f'n disappointing and frustrating.

Like what people say, Richman talks about culture within the program, and that's the culture that's been going on here for about 2 or 3 years now. There's something said about coaches that have teams kicking and screaming game in and game out, and that is definitely not the culture here at NDSU. Soft basketball.

no hustle... no heart....i gotta question this team's pride. they have the talent when they decide to show it....so frustrating. they keep beating themselves. i hope they are getting sick of looking foolish, cuz i am tired of freezing my ass off to watch that shit!

Ndsu needs a big thug down low period. Something with some brass balls from wahp science !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

F Hawks came to play. The F Hawk guard with the Wes Unseld hair couldn't miss. Bison had opportunities at the end but couldn't convert. The blocking foul away from the ball on Chris Quayle with about 9 or 10 minutes left just drained the energy from the SHAC. We had a chance to get the lead down to 4. Dumb foul. The saving grace of the night was Beth Hoole showing up dressed like the Bass player from Hawkwind.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    F Hawks came to play. The F Hawk guard with the Wes Unseld hair couldn't miss. Bison had opportunities at the end but couldn't convert. The blocking foul away from the ball on Chris Quayle with about 9 or 10 minutes left just drained the energy from the SHAC. We had a chance to get the lead down to 4. Dumb foul. The saving grace of the night was Beth Hoole showing up dressed like the Bass player from Hawkwind.
    We did get the lead down to 66-62 and then just like that it was back to 11 or 13 pretty quick. We did have our chances. But when you have to climb the hill a couple times just to get back in the game it is hard to get over the top for the win. I like how we have at least 3 "moving" screen fouls in the game but yet Avants for them would move his screen about 5 feet and never got called for it. Oh well that is the way it goes sometimes.
    I agree with you on the Beth Hoole sighting.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    LOL. I stared at her outfit for 2 minutes trying to figure out what it was. Looked liked the drapes from my favorite Chinese restaurant.