Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Und 1/16

Default Re: Und 1/16

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'm going to spend all morning breaking down what the hell this even means
    Jeff Fisher somehow had a 22 year head coaching career with a winning percentage right around .500. Brian Jones has been at UND for like 10 years with a winning percentage of less than .500. Idk, it was late, I was mad, it sounded better in my head

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Call me crazy, but are we even going to break 50 points a game next year without having Paul Miller on the team?

I just don't see a consistent scorer on this team other than him? Unless Eady is something special, or one of our recruits. I really feel we are going to struggle putting the ball in the basket. We don't have a post threat at all. Cam Hunter is a nice player, but there is a ton of inconsistencies in his game. Same with Tyson Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Ward needs to be benched the rest of this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes he should have been.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tyson is not as good as HE thinks he is. Now if he would just settle down stop the clowning and pouting about every call and play ball he has the potential.

One word was missing last night. That was Crisp, our passes were not crisp, our screens were not crisp, our offense was not crisp and our help defense was not crisp.

Last nights game was a huge disappointment. They only positive take away from this game and several past games is, we are the team getting to the foul line for free throws and we are making them. We used to be the team that went 2-8 while the other team was 18-25. That is a nice change. But the turnovers last night were horrible. Some caused by UND defense but most not either. Paul Miller can not be expected to carry this team every night. Bring AJ off the bench. Start Rocky or Deng in his place. Give Hunter the green light to run the show and drive. Game, shot clock and awareness of time and place is missing. Last night Quayle ended up with a show clock violation. It appeared to me he did not know how much time was left on the shot clock. Ward in one of his (maybe only) good play of the night jumped into the UND defender at the end of the clock to create the foul. Also AJ you foul down 7 with 4.6 left in the game. Do you think we have an 9 point play with that little time on the clock, after the made free throws?????????? You guys are better than this because I have seen it. Learn from this game and move on from it. Back to conference play.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

17 turnovers.

Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Call me crazy, but are we even going to break 50 points a game next year without having Paul Miller on the team?

I just don't see a consistent scorer on this team other than him? Unless Eady is something special, or one of our recruits. I really feel we are going to struggle putting the ball in the basket. We don't have a post threat at all. Cam Hunter is a nice player, but there is a ton of inconsistencies in his game. Same with Tyson Ward.
    To answer the question- NO. Because with Richman coaching there will be no development, he sits and hopes on athleticism only of individual players on any given night to carry the team.
    And all the bullshit of who's a REAL fan and who's not is hilarious- you're telling me that REAL fans are the ones that are content with mediocre seasons while our competition continues to surpass us? or that that we are risking having the program lose momentum gained by support from the teams we had under Miles and Saul? or that prospects will start going elsewhere instead of coming to play here? Carry on as REAL fan if you're the "happy to be here" crowd
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Jeff Fisher somehow had a 22 year head coaching career with a winning percentage right around .500. Brian Jones has been at UND for like 10 years with a winning percentage of less than .500. Idk, it was late, I was mad, it sounded better in my head
    Ah so he's a lifer with an average record who under performs with more and the moment he leaves, UND will go on a big sky/summit league tear?

[emoji16]

Horrible coaching at the end. Just let UND run the clock? We had bonus with like 10+ minutes left and we just sit at the top of the key? Want to know how to defend NDSU? Put a big man in the paint and let him roam free. He doesn't have to guard anyone because our 5 is standing in one spot outside of his range and anytime NDSU actually attempts to drive the lane, they will look at the 5 in the paint and panic.

They may get lucky, but honestly, this is one of the worst coached basketball teams I've ever seen. 3 guys standing in the corner with no movement...do we have any sets or do the players understand basketball 101? Why can't we experiment with lineups? At one point, we had AJ as the biggest guy on the floor last night and I think that was the first time I had seen that this season. Why can't we have Rocky and Spencer on the court at the same time, etc? Where is the imagination? The players don't talk on the court, they look uninterested...except for individual plays.

Sit AJ. Please.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Horrible coaching at the end. Just let UND run the clock? We had bonus with like 10+ minutes left and we just sit at the top of the key? Want to know how to defend NDSU? Put a big man in the paint and let him roam free. He doesn't have to guard anyone because our 5 is standing in one spot outside of his range and anytime NDSU actually attempts to drive the lane, they will look at the 5 in the paint and panic.

They may get lucky, but honestly, this is one of the worst coached basketball teams I've ever seen. 3 guys standing in the corner with no movement...do we have any sets or do the players understand basketball 101? Why can't we experiment with lineups? At one point, we had AJ as the biggest guy on the floor last night and I think that was the first time I had seen that this season. Why can't we have Rocky and Spencer on the court at the same time, etc? Where is the imagination? The players don't talk on the court, they look uninterested...except for individual plays.

Sit AJ. Please.
    I have never seen a guy, who is supposed to be a shooter, pass on so many open shots in my life. When when we actually drive and kick, he catches fairly open and will pump fake, and dribble into no where. I get he needs to be open to shoot because he doesn't create well for himself off the dribble, but come on.