Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Und 1/16

steelbison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Und 1/16

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well they're losing 2 seniors in Paul and AJ who play 30+ minutes a game (whether the latter should or shouldn't) so someone new will have to play significant minutes. Eady would be my best hope for a new addition that'll play big minutes next year.

This would be my hope for the rotation and minutes next year.

Starters:
    PG: Hunter - 30 mpg - if he becomes more consistent he'll be an above average Summit League PG
    SG: Ward - 30 mpg - I expected more from him so far this year, his number haven't been bad but he hasn't "popped" like he did as a freshman it seems
    SF: Eady - 20-25 mpg - biggest reach since he's redshirting this year but the kid is built and ultra athletic based on the exhibitions this year so I think that'll get him by until his game starts to adapt to the D1 level
    PF: Geu - 20-25 mpg - please of please let him finally get some consistent PT next year with AJ gone, I really think he can be a 15 ppg scorer with his athleticism and rebounding ability
    C: Kreuser - 20-25 mpg - I readily admit that with the way the staff seems to value upper classmen this could be Eliason but I think they'll really need Rocky's offensive game to put 5 credible offensive threats on the floor next year

Off the bench:
    Eliason: 15-20 mpg - solid on the defensive end, he can only improve offensively I'd hope
    Samuelson: 10-15 mpg - instant offense, 3 point sniper, zone buster (in the Mike Felt mold)
    Quayle: 10-15 mpg - he's impressed me this year, he doesn't look the part of being a D1 player but he's got a decent offensive game
    Van Dulm - 10 mpg - Cam's backup at PG, not sure what he'll bring other than stealing a few minutes here and there
    Meidinger - 5-10 mpg - doubt his offensive game will be any good yet by next year but he'll be a defensive presence if Rocky or Spencer get in foul trouble

After that I'm hopeful that the JC transfer Vinnie Shahid can also provide a little speed and athleticism in the backcourt (a la Carlin Dupree) as that'll be sorely needed on this team and he could cut into the Samuelson/Quayle/Van Dulm minutes.

EDIT: Just realized Dylan Miller is still a junior... so that probably means Meidinger doesn't really play at all next year yet which may be a good thing since he's definitely a project on the offensive end. Hopefully he can develop better than D Miller/Eliason have.
    That sounds like a really bad Div I team if that's all we have. That bench is made up of kids that maybe shouldn't even be playing at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    That sounds like a really bad Div I team if that's all we have. That bench is made up of kids that maybe shouldn't even be playing at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll see. Most everyone thought that the lineup in 2014-2015 after that senior class that beat Oklahoma was gone was going to be horrible as well. You never know.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Like who? How do you know they will be playing significant minutes??
    Vinnie Shahid and Jarius Cook as incoming recruits and Eady as a redshirt freshman. Because of the graduation of Miller and AJ and because of their talent level.

Cook should play right away. Hope Eady can provide some scoring/toughness next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not sure if I should laugh, cry, spaz, pout or cry...I am going to cry. I was told, we are going to be as good as our Seniors. Well, I look at it this way. Paul Miller is a superstar. Kid is out there busting his ass, competing, showing emotion, showing fire....and NOBODY ELSE IS WITH HIM. NOt one guy has that fire. NONE! I have no idea why not. UND had guys barking at the Bison bench. LIke it or not, they had fire. It was a big game to those players. I do not blame a staff for this. If you cannot get up for a game like that, then beat it. I don't want you.

Paul's post game interview was amazing. That kid is a star. He said...it is my job as the leader of this team to get us ready. He spoke quietly and very humbly. NDSU is not a bad team. They can go win at USD, beat Oral ROberts...and then very clearly they have proven the ability to actually play basketball while sleeping. Must be difficult.

I thought we would be slightly better than this, and MUCH more consistent...which bothers me. I didn't think we would be great. I thought we would be in the 4th or 5th spot in the improving Summit. We aren't as good as the USD teams. We play one senior with fire, AJ is AJ apparently, and the juniors don't matter. The strength of this program currently is the underclassman, the two kids redshirting, and the 3 kids who have signed. So with that, apparently I have said we aren't good as the strength is in the kids, not the MEN. You don't win with that. I hope Paul scores 30 a night and people realize what he is doing. Carrying us. Yes, underclassman go up and down, get streaky, but at least they are showing flashes. Oh, and Rocky is our best big man. Goodness.
    Good post. Paul Miller is part of the solution, not the problem. Young players emotionally go on a roller coaster but the rest of the teams lack of fire is ridiculous and concerning. If you don't care enough to get pissed, you shouldn't be playing.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well they're losing 2 seniors in Paul and AJ who play 30+ minutes a game (whether the latter should or shouldn't) so someone new will have to play significant minutes. Eady would be my best hope for a new addition that'll play big minutes next year.

This would be my hope for the rotation and minutes next year.

Starters:
    PG: Hunter - 30 mpg - if he becomes more consistent he'll be an above average Summit League PG
    SG: Ward - 30 mpg - I expected more from him so far this year, his number haven't been bad but he hasn't "popped" like he did as a freshman it seems
    SF: Eady - 20-25 mpg - biggest reach since he's redshirting this year but the kid is built and ultra athletic based on the exhibitions this year so I think that'll get him by until his game starts to adapt to the D1 level
    PF: Geu - 20-25 mpg - please of please let him finally get some consistent PT next year with AJ gone, I really think he can be a 15 ppg scorer with his athleticism and rebounding ability
    C: Kreuser - 20-25 mpg - I readily admit that with the way the staff seems to value upper classmen this could be Eliason but I think they'll really need Rocky's offensive game to put 5 credible offensive threats on the floor next year

Off the bench:
    Eliason: 15-20 mpg - solid on the defensive end, he can only improve offensively I'd hope
    Samuelson: 10-15 mpg - instant offense, 3 point sniper, zone buster (in the Mike Felt mold)
    Quayle: 10-15 mpg - he's impressed me this year, he doesn't look the part of being a D1 player but he's got a decent offensive game
    Van Dulm - 10 mpg - Cam's backup at PG, not sure what he'll bring other than stealing a few minutes here and there
    Meidinger - 5-10 mpg - doubt his offensive game will be any good yet by next year but he'll be a defensive presence if Rocky or Spencer get in foul trouble

After that I'm hopeful that the JC transfer Vinnie Shahid can also provide a little speed and athleticism in the backcourt (a la Carlin Dupree) as that'll be sorely needed on this team and he could cut into the Samuelson/Quayle/Van Dulm minutes.

EDIT: Just realized Dylan Miller is still a junior... so that probably means Meidinger doesn't really play at all next year yet which may be a good thing since he's definitely a project on the offensive end. Hopefully he can develop better than D Miller/Eliason have.

Not sure on Deng Geu. His offensive game just hasn't developed quickly enough. Doesn't have a money shot and needs to work on his footwork big time. Needs to have more to his game than just big dunks. For Deng it's all about his offseason. If he doesn't come in next year with some serious offensive improvement he's probably not going to start. The good news is his upside is INSANE and his has the raw tools to be a stud.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This team needs to nut up and ball out. It's that simple. Grow a fucking pair please!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Its pathetic to lose to the hawks on our court after we beat them up there. I totally agree our players just dont get up for this game except for PM. I was in FGO last year when they smoked us, gives you a bad feeling about having season tickets, you can sit anywhere you want for all the other games as the place is less than half full. The Summit is a good conference but come on, lets accept the challenge and overcome it for petes sake. Maybe we need a coach that is willing to throw a chair across the court once in a while.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Its pathetic to lose to the hawks on our court after we beat them up there. I totally agree our players just dont get up for this game except for PM. I was in FGO last year when they smoked us, gives you a bad feeling about having season tickets, you can sit anywhere you want for all the other games as the place is less than half full. The Summit is a good conference but come on, lets accept the challenge and overcome it for petes sake. Maybe we need a coach that is willing to throw a chair across the court once in a while.
    And how will that make the team better?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And how will that make the team better?
    Doesn't. But it sure gives the crowd something to talk about....

*(tongue in cheek comment provided)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin