Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Old snorty: photoshop needed

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Old snorty: photoshop needed

F chrome. That was cool when it first came out but it's been done to death at this point. I can't even tell who a lot of these teams are anymore because they keep changing their look so much. Besides, flashy isn't really a good fit.

Snorty actually looks a bit better than I thought he would, probably because he's all yellow instead of essentially an outline like he was on the yellow helmets. Personally I like the harvest helmets as they are, but Snorty would be OK too.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Now if we could just get that wheat stock changed to a soybean plant.

Jk. I love the wheat stock.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    F chrome. That was cool when it first came out but it's been done to death at this point. I can't even tell who a lot of these teams are anymore because they keep changing their look so much. Besides, flashy isn't really a good fit.

Snorty actually looks a bit better than I thought he would, probably because he's all yellow instead of essentially an outline like he was on the yellow helmets. Personally I like the harvest helmets as they are, but Snorty would be OK too.
    Agreed. 100%. Chrome is a tell tale sign of a team that is GASPING for a "cool" identity. Oregon did it first, so they have a legitimate look that is unique to them. Everyone after that are idiots. That's not to say some chrome helmets don't look good at all, but chrome is now inseparable from Oregon, and everyone else are just posers- total gimmick.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Agreed. 100%. Chrome is a tell tale sign of a team that is GASPING for a "cool" identity. Oregon did it first, so they have a legitimate look that is unique to them. Everyone after that are idiots. That's not to say some chrome helmets don't look good at all, but chrome is now inseparable from Oregon, and everyone else are just posers- total gimmick.
    I agree to an extent. If added just for the sake of adding and not having any real reason why then yes totally grasping. Much like a black or grey jersey when those aren't your school colors. But all design elements were first used by someone. This next sentence should probably go in the unpopular opinion section but JMU's white helmets with chrome is well executed. You have a logo with a gold crown and metal spikes on the collar so a shiny metallic surface doesn't seem out of place. On an NDSU helmet it just wouldn't fit. And like others have said just doesn't match our identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I agree to an extent. If added just for the sake of adding and not having any real reason why then yes totally grasping. Much like a black or grey jersey when those aren't your school colors. But all design elements were first used by someone. This next sentence should probably go in the unpopular opinion section but JMU's white helmets with chrome is well executed. You have a logo with a gold crown and metal spikes on the collar so a shiny metallic surface doesn't seem out of place. On an NDSU helmet it just wouldn't fit. And like others have said just doesn't match our identity.
    Damn.... Everything you said- I agree with 100%. I have nothing to add, nor detract. hahah.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I hear JMU loves chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I hear JMU loves chrome.
    what's wrong with chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I tend to agree. I'm old school and simple. Kids seem to love it though. I do like the matte finish for something different and the iridescent look if it's a simple classic logo. The over the top busy look is annoying

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I tend to agree. I'm old school and simple. Kids seem to love it though. I do like the matte finish for something different and the iridescent look if it's a simple classic logo. The over the top busy look is annoying
    Again- totally agree. I think matte is a nice look for a lot of people and definitely not so good for others. UNI as an example I think is much better as a matte finish rather than glossy- and I think the Gophers in particular was much better matter than the glossy crap they have now (#Elite). UN_ I think looks pretty stupid with the matte, but then again just about anything they do looks stupid, in everyone's opinion.

Vikings Matte= good
    Jaguars matte= absolutely retarded

thoughts?
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I think they should have put this one on the harvest helmets.

This is the one I would like to see also.