Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Denver

Default Re: 1/11 Denver

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave should bring in AJ off the bench, he needs a fire lit under him and if that doesn't help then just play him less. Give one of the kids a chance to make something of his minutes.
    This team needs some kind of spark, we just play such lifeless and uninspired basketball at times. I do think our recruiting has picked up but Dave needs to look at what is going on offensively, the current system is a complete dumpster fire.
    But WE said this last year! Or was it my husband who said it last year?!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They play outside?
    So good to know that old ppl can still be witty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Did not see most of the Coyote game, and did not see Denver, but some numbers do stand out.

SD game - Bison shoot 50% from 3 (11-22) (Cameron Hunter 5-5 three %)

Denver game - Bison shoot 23% from 3 (6-26) (Cameron Hunter 0-5)

50% from 3 is not sustainable and you are not going to do great if you only shoot 23% for the season (or is that just a bad game) (NDSU - 37% 3 shooting 2016-17 season, 39% so far this season)

As I put in another thread, Denver is not that bad a team as their record was up to this point. May finish strong. DU having Amigo and Rosga as returning starters is kinda like last season’s Bison team, with Dexter Werner and Paul Miller returning. That’s something to work with....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We graduate one GREAT player. Paul Miller is a stud. Our leader. AJ is AJ, and probably best to just graduate and move on. Great kid. Just not clicking any longer. We have nobody in the junior class worth worrying about. the studs on this roster our kids. You don't win in college basketball at this level with a bunch of kids. This year, I personally get excited about our youth. 35 points on 12 shots at USD from a Freshman PG. Individual performances like that. Rocky is our best big man, I don't think that is debatable. I like our youth. Last night was awful. No energy. Nobody wanted to take "the shot." Nobody was willing to die for a loose ball. Paul did his best to carry them. He cannot do it alone. We aren't very good right now. But can beat anyone at any moment. Love our recruiting. I follow it closely and that is going very well, which is important. Plus, we are redshiting two very talented kids. One is man, one will be a man!
    Why was there no effort?

The Denver Game was selfie stick giveaway night.
    They went pretty fast. Two little kids were playing light saber fight in the stands.
    It was fun until they cracked the baby behind them in the head.
    I suspect this give away will be one and done.
    Today is trucker hat day ( what is a trucker hat?). This seems safer.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They went pretty fast. Two little kids were playing light saber fight in the stands.
    Trucker hat = mesh hat = farmer/seed hat
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Trucker hat = mesh hat = farmer/seed hat
    Thanks. I figured that but was overthinking
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    HOW DO YOU DEVELOP THE BIGS when they are not included in the offense besides an occasionally ball screen n roll??? IF YOU ARE A BIG you DO NOT want to play for RICHMAN
    I watched a handful of games this year. I have read through this thread and I totally agree with this. Offensively we rarely even attempt to post anyone up and the few times we do there is no attempt to enter the ball to the low post. I don't care if our bigs are not great offensive players we still need to have a low post threat. Right now we live and die with the 3 ball! Not a great recipe for any offensive consistency.

Big issue with the bigs situation is it just doesn't look like NDSU runs set plays. Like what others have said, there are times I cannot watch this offense. The kids just free flow and have no accountable in what they are supposed to be running. If they aren't making good decisions it is really hard to watch. I would imaghine if we had a guy like Werner we would force it into him a little more like we did in the past, but yea I won't believe that again until I actually see it.

Soooooo what is Big Dex doing now???????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."