Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Denver

Default Re: 1/11 Denver

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why does one think those few years could carry the future? Even with those wins were recruits really flocking to play in Fargo?
    The location is never going to change. So you have to have a "winning" culture to help with recruits coming here. We have had some great ones in the past that came and played. We have Paul Miller right now. Some of the young guys may be those guys in the future. Maybe we as fans put unreal expectation on the program.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    What do you mean "slowly"? And what do you mean "Prius"? I'd take a Prius right now. He's turning the program into my 2004 piece of $h#t chevy. I almost did not renew my tickets this year. But I did, albeit with cheaper seats. I will not make that same mistake next year. And I won't be teased or fooled into renewing by a late season run, or a deep run into the summit tourney. There is no future in NDSU basketball until the university invests in a coach who can inspire the team, get the most talent out of the roster he has, and improve the roster from year to year. I'm still waiting for certain players (I'm not calling them out; they're young men and students) to become what they were supposed to become. We need a coaching regime that is creative, talented, can out-coach the opposition, and can make something out of these players.
    Well fu%$in said!!

Dave should bring in AJ off the bench, he needs a fire lit under him and if that doesn't help then just play him less. Give one of the kids a chance to make something of his minutes.

This team needs some kind of spark, we just play such lifeless and uninspired basketball at times. I do think our recruiting has picked up but Dave needs to look at what is going on offensively, the current system is a complete dumpster fire.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU record says 9-8 RPI #135

(jamestown Valley city should NOT be counted)

7-8

Florida A & M is 1-17 ? RPI 343 (of 351)
    UTEP 5-13 RPI 326
    UNC Wilm 4-13 RPI 288
    Stetson RPI 257 5-9
    UND RPI 248 3-11 record

These 5 teams are garbage.

so 2-8 is a more realistic record for this team unfortuntly ( 2 good wins USD RPI 110 & Missouri St 65 ... both by 3 & 5 points)

Lets take a real look at this years team. UFF Da.... and we lost to IUPUI in 1st round of summit RPI 275 3-11 record
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave should bring in AJ off the bench, he needs a fire lit under him and if that doesn't help then just play him less. Give one of the kids a chance to make something of his minutes.

This team needs some kind of spark, we just play such lifeless and uninspired basketball at times. I do think our recruiting has picked up but Dave needs to look at what is going on offensively, the current system is a complete dumpster fire.
    Bench AJ---heck than he can pump fake when open and drive to block only to spin dribble and kick back out OFF the bench

PG Hunter
    SG Miller
    SF Ward
    PF Kreuser/Geu
    C Elliason

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We graduate one GREAT player. Paul Miller is a stud. Our leader. AJ is AJ, and probably best to just graduate and move on. Great kid. Just not clicking any longer. We have nobody in the junior class worth worrying about. the studs on this roster our kids. You don't win in college basketball at this level with a bunch of kids. This year, I personally get excited about our youth. 35 points on 12 shots at USD from a Freshman PG. Individual performances like that. Rocky is our best big man, I don't think that is debatable. I like our youth. Last night was awful. No energy. Nobody wanted to take "the shot." Nobody was willing to die for a loose ball. Paul did his best to carry them. He cannot do it alone. We aren't very good right now. But can beat anyone at any moment. Love our recruiting. I follow it closely and that is going very well, which is important. Plus, we are redshiting two very talented kids. One is man, one will be a man!
    Is Deng Gue a bust?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Is Deng Gue a bust?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not yet, but he needs more time on the court. But he also has to earn his time by proving he can do it during practice.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Deng I feel is significantly improved on the offensive end, I remember too many times last year where he would dribble off his foot, travel or make a horrible pass. This year he has utilized his back to the basket game, can drive under control and although he's still not finishing as strong as he needs to he's better than last year. Defensively is where he can still be a bit of a liability, he's pretty solid on the ball but when his guy is away from the ball he still lacks the awareness to avoid getting screened or sometimes misses a help assignment. I think he'll get there, he just needs the time, right now I'd much rather live with that than whatever it is AJ is doing out there but so it goes. I don't think you can call him a bust yet, we'll see what he brings to the table next year when AJ is out of the picture and can decide then.

I feel like people been preaching this team is young for a few seasons now. I don't think Richman is a bad coach, but it's just getting to a point where I'm questioning his recruiting and developing bigs. He's been here 4 years now and every year the excuse is the team's young. The kids look good but do all of them stick around? Do they all develop accordingly? They are young and promising but there going to have to be significantly better in 2 years for this team to take the next step accordingly.

People are hammering on the coaching staff for the lack of development, but they only have AJ as an example. That doesn't prove that the coaching staff can't develop, just like the progression of Werner doesn't prove that he can develop bigs. Right now IMO the biggest issue is the offensive system. It sucks and the kids don't understand what they're supposed to be doing at times.

On the flip side, we could lose Richman, get an outstanding coach, and see him leave for a better job after 2-3 years. I don't particularly like that cycle either.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We graduate one GREAT player. Paul Miller is a stud. Our leader. AJ is AJ, and probably best to just graduate and move on. Great kid. Just not clicking any longer. We have nobody in the junior class worth worrying about. the studs on this roster our kids. You don't win in college basketball at this level with a bunch of kids. This year, I personally get excited about our youth. 35 points on 12 shots at USD from a Freshman PG. Individual performances like that. Rocky is our best big man, I don't think that is debatable. I like our youth. Last night was awful. No energy. Nobody wanted to take "the shot." Nobody was willing to die for a loose ball. Paul did his best to carry them. He cannot do it alone. We aren't very good right now. But can beat anyone at any moment. Love our recruiting. I follow it closely and that is going very well, which is important. Plus, we are redshiting two very talented kids. One is man, one will be a man!
    One redshirt is 7’ tall and barely averaged a double double in ND class A basketball. He’s a project. We can’t anoint every young kid the next coming before hey see the court.