Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Denver

Default Re: 1/11 Denver

What a painful game to watch. AJ continues to baffle me. Free throws? Not.
    Funny thing though when they put the stats up they weren't horrendous.
    It was like they just didn't want to be there the first half. Paul has stepped up, but he can't do it alone.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Slowly but surely we are watching the degradation of a BB program. Richman was handed the keys to a Cadillac and is slowly turning it into a Prius. This team hardly never lost at home and now it is becoming a norm and we shouldn't certainty lose at home to the worst team in the Summit. Look at the slow and steady record decline since Richman took over. Stats don't lie people. I am not one to call for the coaches head until now but a change is indeed needed. Those of you who defend him that is your opinion and that is great but personally I am not fine with mediocrity and a program heading south. He is not the coach that this program needs or deserves.
    i cant watch NDSU basketball. Ill root for them, but I cant sit down, and watch 40 minutes of it. Kudos to those who brave the shit cold weather to be there in person. i watched toronto beat the crap out of cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why arent you there?
    I know you aren't asking me but... it's too cold... (but if it were a football game, we'd be there!)

Oh, and about this Saturday's BB game... we're going... & I think you know why! (wink)

Slowly but surely we are watching the degradation of a BB program. Richman was handed the keys to a Cadillac and is slowly turning it into a Prius. This team hardly never lost at home and now it is becoming a norm and we shouldn't certainty lose at home to the worst team in the Summit. Look at the slow and steady record decline since Richman took over. Stats don't lie people. I am not one to call for the coaches head until now but a change is indeed needed. Those of you who defend him that is your opinion and that is great but personally I am not fine with mediocrity and a program heading south. He is not the coach that this program needs or deserves.
    Unfortunately, alot of truth here...

I'm frustrated with the team as well so I understand where you're coming from but I do not agree that Richman has to go. He's earned the right to have a down season IMO. Keep in mind after Saul's first year where he went to the dance with Miles' recruits he had three straight Summit League Tourney 1st round exits. He eventually turned it around and Richman can too. I'm frustrated by the lack of development by the bigs and how the team seems lost offensively for games at a time but this is still a coach who's won 65% of the games he's coached. Besides it doesn't really matter in the end how you're playing in early January it's about how you're playing 2 months from now. This team only has 4 upperclassmen in the 10 guys who are seeing playing time, they can and they'll have to improve if this team is going to be anything more than a speedbump in Sioux Falls come March.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I know you aren't asking me but... it's too cold... (but if it were a football game, we'd be there!)

Oh, and about this Saturday's BB game... we're going... & I think you know why! (wink)
    They play outside?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm frustrated with the team as well so I understand where you're coming from but I do not agree that Richman has to go. He's earned the right to have a down season IMO. Keep in mind after Saul's first year where he went to the dance with Miles' recruits he had three straight Summit League Tourney 1st round exits. He eventually turned it around and Richman can too. I'm frustrated by the lack of development by the bigs and how the team seems lost offensively for games at a time but this is still a coach who's won 65% of the games he's coached. Besides it doesn't really matter in the end how you're playing in early January it's about how you're playing 2 months from now. This team only has 4 upperclassmen in the 10 guys who are seeing playing time, they can and they'll have to improve if this team is going to be anything more than a speedbump in Sioux Falls come March.
    I have had that stance for a while and respect your view. Richman's good teams were inherited however. It's just not the Bigs with the development either. Bigs normally take longer to develop. I think Spencer has taken a big step and i think the future is bright with Krueser. I am puzzled by development of key players or who should be key players ala AJ. He has actually regressed. Last year he hung his hat on defense, rebounding, and FT shooting. Now he cant even track down rebounds or play defense. I don't even think he should be on the court. We have players on this team that he has recruited that should not even be on any D1 program let alone the Bison. My biggest problem is his lack of in game adjustments. Teams know our offense just as good as we do and he CANNOT counter. Whether it is the weave or this perimeter based offense we have this year we are still hoisting up off balance and contested 3's as the shot clock goes off and we pass on wide open threes but the kids wont shoot because they are coached not to take that shot with so much time left on the shot clock. I could go on and on but i won't. I see his young team excuse finally came out. That is his go to excuse and crutch. He has been the head guy to make an impact and we are still waiting for a positive one.

Holy terrible free throw shooting batman. Can you even have a kid in the game at that point if they cant hit free throws down the stretch and down by 7? Wow.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    HOW DO YOU DEVELOP THE BIGS when they are not included in the offense besides an occasionally ball screen n roll??? IF YOU ARE A BIG you DO NOT want to play for RICHMAN

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have had that stance for a while and respect your view. Richman's good teams were inherited however. It's just not the Bigs with the development either. Bigs normally take longer to develop. I think Spencer has taken a big step and i think the future is bright with Krueser. I am puzzled by development of key players or who should be key players ala AJ. He has actually regressed. Last year he hung his hat on defense, rebounding, and FT shooting. Now he cant even track down rebounds or play defense. I don't even think he should be on the court. We have players on this team that he has recruited that should not even be on any D1 program let alone the Bison. My biggest problem is his lack of in game adjustments. Teams know our offense just as good as we do and he CANNOT counter. Whether it is the weave or this perimeter based offense we have this year we are still hoisting up off balance and contested 3's as the shot clock goes off and we pass on wide open threes but the kids wont shoot because they are coached not to take that shot with so much time left on the shot clock. I could go on and on but i won't. I see his young team excuse finally came out. That is his go to excuse and crutch. He has been the head guy to make an impact and we are still waiting for a positive one.
    AMENNNNNN BROTHER!!! He doesn't ADJUST on OFFENSE or especially DEFENSE---just stands there with arms folded scrowling---

IF You can't penetrate after 4 dribble weave hand offs MAYBE guys aren't quick enough to get into lane and TRYYYYYYYYY something different---and NOT FLEX ACTION
    1-4 high sets...back screens...movement without the ball!!!!

orrrrr initiate the offense INTO THE BIGS...work inside out...to get OPEN looks outside and create driving angles

looks like OPEN GYM OFFENSE---than waiting for Paul to crossover and pull up jumper