Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/11 Denver

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/11 Denver

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I have had that stance for a while and respect your view. Richman's good teams were inherited however. It's just not the Bigs with the development either. Bigs normally take longer to develop. I think Spencer has taken a big step and i think the future is bright with Krueser. I am puzzled by development of key players or who should be key players ala AJ. He has actually regressed. Last year he hung his hat on defense, rebounding, and FT shooting. Now he cant even track down rebounds or play defense. I don't even think he should be on the court. We have players on this team that he has recruited that should not even be on any D1 program let alone the Bison. My biggest problem is his lack of in game adjustments. Teams know our offense just as good as we do and he CANNOT counter. Whether it is the weave or this perimeter based offense we have this year we are still hoisting up off balance and contested 3's as the shot clock goes off and we pass on wide open threes but the kids wont shoot because they are coached not to take that shot with so much time left on the shot clock. I could go on and on but i won't. I see his young team excuse finally came out. That is his go to excuse and crutch. He has been the head guy to make an impact and we are still waiting for a positive one.
    Spot on. Have only watched the first half so far but a couple observations:

1. Denver fouled us on our first 3 possessions. Instead of continuing to smartly attack and try to get some free throws, etc., we quit attacking except for a couple obvious charging calls on us. Denver was called for their fifth team foul with 30 seconds left in the half and that was as Denver was making a shot on the offensive end. Ridiculous.

2. Dave called his first timeout with 1:09 left in the first half. We had struggled offensively the entire half and were sitting with 22 points when he called the timeout. Denver's coach immediately called a timeout out after we trimmed their lead from 9 to 5, a whopping 4 point run. That is called coaching. At this point I am not sure if Dave can't coach or if he just chooses not to?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm frustrated with the team as well so I understand where you're coming from but I do not agree that Richman has to go. He's earned the right to have a down season IMO. Keep in mind after Saul's first year where he went to the dance with Miles' recruits he had three straight Summit League Tourney 1st round exits. He eventually turned it around and Richman can too. I'm frustrated by the lack of development by the bigs and how the team seems lost offensively for games at a time but this is still a coach who's won 65% of the games he's coached. Besides it doesn't really matter in the end how you're playing in early January it's about how you're playing 2 months from now. This team only has 4 upperclassmen in the 10 guys who are seeing playing time, they can and they'll have to improve if this team is going to be anything more than a speedbump in Sioux Falls come March.
    There is a difference though between Saul and Richman's tenures. Saul had to reload after a senior laden class and you could see them getting better every year. It's the opposite with Richman, this team is getting worse every year.

time for him to go coach for dad.

well nd science has amazing offense, so maybe not.

how about maybe pressing or fouling with 2 min left and down 8 ?

how about attacking the basket when in the bonus with 6 min left!!! not 1 time. Woodside was in row 3 wishing he had a bonus with 6 min, he'd get to the FT line 15 20 more times!

ps and why did it look like Paul Miller was gonna cry at halftime shootaround? he sat on bench while everyone was shooting and 2 asst coaches walked up to him... but not Richman.. hmmmm if he is berating our best player at halftime thats ridiculous
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Paul Miller has gotten better and is legit.
    AJ peaked his freshman year.
    Dylan Miller has regressed.
    Spencer is improving but after a few years on the bench time is running out.
    Dang needs minutes to improve of he will be Spencer 2.0.
    Hunter could be an absolute beast with the right "coaching".
    Ward can be special too but needs "coaching"
    Rocky same as above too.
    Tyree and Jordan on bench red shirting "coaching"
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

People can complain about Dave all we want but he's what we have and not going anywhere this year. We have a huge win on the road at USD and we get a 3 page thread on it, we lose at home to Denver and we have a 4 page thread by 11 am the morning after. It's like half the people on here only log in to say something when they can say something shitty. We are the only team to beat USD at their place and we've done it twice in a row. We laid an egg last night, yes I was there I saw it, it sucked. We had a lot of open looks against that zone and our shots just weren't falling. Not too often everybody shoots that poorly from beyond the arc. I watched us play some of our worst basketball of the season and we only lose by 6. Our youth showed a bit last night on defense but I was encouraged that for how awful we played that we still had a chance in that game and that the guys didn't quit. We have a month and a half to figure this thing out, the win at USD shows we have the potential to be great, we just have to find the consistency be that team night in and night out.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    People can complain about Dave all we want but he's what we have and not going anywhere this year. We have a huge win on the road at USD and we get a 3 page thread on it, we lose at home to Denver and we have a 4 page thread by 11 am the morning after. It's like half the people on here only log in to say something when they can say something shitty. We are the only team to beat USD at their place and we've done it twice in a row. We laid an egg last night, yes I was there I saw it, it sucked. We had a lot of open looks against that zone and our shots just weren't falling. Not too often everybody shoots that poorly from beyond the arc. I watched us play some of our worst basketball of the season and we only lose by 6. Our youth showed a bit last night on defense but I was encouraged that for how awful we played that we still had a chance in that game and that the guys didn't quit. We have a month and a half to figure this thing out, the win at USD shows we have the potential to be great, we just have to find the consistency be that team night in and night out.
    This is the most frustrating part. Look what we did at Mo State and USC (not win but...). Last night was so disappointing.
    We never know what we will see.
    With that said, is there some rule we can't cheer throughout the game? I know it's a different crowd but I don't go to relax
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    You realize that the USD game was on during and right after we were winning a football national championship and very few people even saw the game much less comment on it. Comparing thread "lengths" is disingenious at best.
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 01-13-2018 at 01:51 PM.

I have to say my fear at this point is waiting too long to make a change. I am not saying we are at that point now but look how long the women's team has been terrible. At what point do you make a change because the threat of falling into the lower half of the league year over year is detrimental to the future in terms of recruiting, finding the right coach, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I have to say my fear at this point is waiting too long to make a change. I am not saying we are at that point now but look how long the women's team has been terrible. At what point do you make a change because the threat of falling into the lower half of the league year over year is detrimental to the future in terms of recruiting, finding the right coach, etc?
    Maybe wait until you have at least one season where you're in the lower half of the league?

This is nowhere near the dumpster fire that the WBB program is.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe wait until you have at least one season where you're in the lower half of the league?

This is nowhere near the dumpster fire that the WBB program is.
    To add to what PC says - recruiting is still going well, how often has NDSU gotten a recruit Northern Iowa wanted? (Jarius Cook)