Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Coack k on pa

Default Re: Coack k on pa

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    JG has always been the man, ever since his producing days with duckies & bunnies. He and his wife love coming up to Fargo. Also love NDSU. I think I recall him saying he'd move up here in a heartbeat if it didn't work out down in the cities.
    I think you meant to say Moorhead... and staying on the Minnesota side. Did hell (Moorhead) freeze over? [emoji3]

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    JG has always been the man, ever since his producing days with duckies & bunnies. He and his wife love coming up to Fargo. Also love NDSU. I think I recall him saying he'd move up here in a heartbeat if it didn't work out down in the cities.

I think his wife is from the area and went to Concordia IIRC.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    JG had this tweet too which was pretty cool.

http://twitter.com/jgkfan/status/949...195066881?s=09

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm still just the slightest bit disappointed that Culhane didn't let out a "My oh my!" in an homage to Scottie. But I'm sure it would've probably a bit awkward for him especially since there seems to be a bit of a rivalry between him and Scottie's old buddies at FCC. I had to pull up some old highlight reels from Scottie to blast after we got back out to the tailgate lot after the game.... he would've had some great calls in that game I'm sure.

There probably was a "My oh my" or two coming down from on high though.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Pretty much sums up the reason why I believe Klieman isn’t getting offers from those schools - he’s a man of integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is exactly my gut feeling plus we have a built in culture that is maybe impossible to duplicate or even explain. I call it the Aura Of The Bison. Money ain't everything. Also, I doubt he would want to deal with the me first athletes at the top level and the ridiculous media

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm still just the slightest bit disappointed that Culhane didn't let out a "My oh my!" in an homage to Scottie. But I'm sure it would've probably a bit awkward for him especially since there seems to be a bit of a rivalry between him and Scottie's old buddies at FCC. I had to pull up some old highlight reels from Scottie to blast after we got back out to the tailgate lot after the game.... he would've had some great calls in that game I'm sure.

Same- letting out a "My, Oh my" once a year if we win the championship would be incredibly respectful and reverent if you ask me.
    I was a smidge disappointed with the no call as well
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

There are always those who feel it would be disrespectful. Mcfooly would probably have an article slamming him about it and trying to rile up people to get pub. It's a fine line and I'm sure he doesn't want to disrespect Scottie.

Maybe Phil or JJ should have put out the My Oh My tribute, probably would have been harder to slam those guys for it.

P.A. knows he is a homer which is part of why we listen to him on the radio while watching games on TV.

Big-time FBS schools want head coaches with other FBS head coaching experience. Small-time FBS schools just want a used car salesman who will pretend that a G5 conference is competitive with the big boys.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    P.A. knows he is a homer which is part of why we listen to him on the radio while watching games on TV.

Big-time FBS schools want head coaches with other FBS head coaching experience. Small-time FBS schools just want a used car salesman who will pretend that a G5 conference is competitive with the big boys.
    Pa is the next Sid Hartman. I listen to bison radio while watching the Bison game. But vikes? I listen to the TV broadcast. Unless I'm in the car.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 01-12-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: forgot word
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    JG had this tweet too which was pretty cool.

http://twitter.com/jgkfan/status/949...195066881?s=09

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    To expand a bit on the tweet, JG was on 740 this week with Jack Michaels. He talks a lot about Scott Miller. I guess JG came up for Scott's funeral.

http://740thefan.com/podcasts/jack-m...-justin-gaard/
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.