Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2017 Bison compared to past title teams (by the numbers)

Default Re: The 2017 Bison compared to past title teams (by the numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Looks right to me. Opponents had 8 RZ possessions and got 2 TDs and 3 FGs.... unless I'm reading wrong: http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2012/teamgbg.htm
    im just bullshitting you, haha. awesome graphics

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Mustaches-2017
    was there a stache out in 2013? If so, wash

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    im just bullshitting you, haha. awesome graphics
    Aint no way Chaos is gonna put those outstanding spreadsheets up there without CAS having proofread 'em.

This team is the 2nd best in NDSU history to only 2013. I think this team beats 2013 3 or 4 times out of 10. It beats 1986 (which I feel is the 3rd best team) 10 out of 10 times.

Argue all you want...but these guys in 2017 are just 30 years better than the teams of the mid 80s. Kids are bigger, faster...all of that.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously, the results are what really matters but I keep thinking about what the stats for this team would look like if they'd been more healthy. We had NT and ND both still recovering when the season started. Menard was lost before the season. A likely record-setting (obviously, a guess) RB roster was really affected. CB's gone, etc., etc., etc.

With what we have coming back, I gotta like our team's chances to run the table next year with a record setting performance if they can stay healthy. Such amazing talent returning and incredible skill waiting behind the guys graduating out of the program. I honestly think that the 2018 team has a chance to be our best, most complete team ever...which is scary to even contemplate.
    Insert something clever here...

No point in playing the "What if" game. What matters most is that we DID lose several key players to injury this year, and still put up ridiculous stats.

I think back to a conversation I had with a JSU fan in Frisco before the game - his son was on the team. We were both talking about how much we were enjoying our trip (first time for both of us), and I said I hoped to have a chance to come back. He said "Oh, you'll be back - I looked at y'all's roster!"

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Obviously, the results are what really matters but I keep thinking about what the stats for this team would look like if they'd been more healthy. We had NT and ND both still recovering when the season started. Menard was lost before the season. A likely record-setting (obviously, a guess) RB roster was really affected. CB's gone, etc., etc., etc.

With what we have coming back, I gotta like our team's chances to run the table next year with a record setting performance if they can stay healthy. Such amazing talent returning and incredible skill waiting behind the guys graduating out of the program. I honestly think that the 2018 team has a chance to be our best, most complete team ever...which is scary to even contemplate.
    Next years schedule is very favorable to not run the table

@ UNI might be a test but Im pretty sure they lost some talent. 4 total road games. Strevlarless USD, WIU replacing a coach/QB/WR and Mo St.

YSU, ISUR, SDSU, Cal Poly, UD, UNA, SIU all home. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Argue all you want...but these guys in 2017 are just 30 years better than the teams of the mid 80s. Kids are bigger, faster...all of that.
    But todays kids are softer, with all their concussion protocol BS, limited contact in practices, and fancy energy drinks on the sideline. Bull in a ring? Dead. They probably don't even drink beer or haze the rooks anymore. Look at PL and CAS -- 4 years of college FB and they turned out ok.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Next years schedule is very favorable to not run the table

@ UNI might be a test but Im pretty sure they lost some talent. 4 total road games. Strevlarless USD, WIU replacing a coach/QB/WR and Mo St.

YSU, ISUR, SDSU, Cal Poly, UD, UNA, SIU all home. lol
    Stick's got a shot at the Jensen record as crazy as that is. Having them 1 - 2 on that record will be another one of those absurd Bison stats. Who was that QB they had in between those guys... oh yeah Carson Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    But todays kids are softer, with all their concussion protocol BS, limited contact in practices, and fancy energy drinks on the sideline. Bull in a ring? Dead. They probably don't even drink beer or haze the rooks anymore. Look at PL and CAS -- 4 years of college FB and they turned out ok.

Could you please find better examples of being ok
    TRUST THE PROCESS