Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rank your favorite title games

Default Re: Rank your favorite title games

#1. It was the first time in Frisco. Learning experience was fun
    #6. Best weather. Gave my heart/ nerves a work out
    #5. Not the best game but it was fun trouncing the cocky ones and the OVC. Apparently they have not forgotten so I ranked this higher.
    #4 another work out for the heart. Clash of the MVFC.
    #2 good game. Good tailgate
    #3 before and after was good. Game was ok
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1- Because it was the first. People forget what a defensive battle it was. Less than 450 yards of total offense. Voightlander punted 10 times but it was the one he didn't punt that made the difference.

6-Another defensive battle, The two picks were huge. Defensive stand to win the game!

4-Thinking we were about to lose, Wentz to RJ, we win!

2- This game was competitive at the half. Bison roll on the ground the 2nd half.

3- Tied at 7 in the 2nd qtr, we block a FG, Emanuel almost takes it to the house and the rout is on!

5- No doubt in this one, it was over early 2nd qtr.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Rank the title games from favorite to least favorite. No real 'rules' just do what you think.

Mine: 1>>6>4>>2>>5>>>>3

1 - Hard to beat the first title I have ever seen for a team I love, let alone my favorite of all the teams
    6 - 2 titans clashing in a gutty game that came down to the wire
    4 - This is basically tied for 2nd best and definitely has the best finish of all
    2 - #1 was still fresh in memory and the idea of winning titles was fresh in my head
    5 - The return of Carson! Not too exciting a game...did make a big bet on the Under, which also wasn't much of a sweat, but enough to keep me entertained
    3 - Best Bison team ever. An honor to watch them cap off arguably the best FCS season of all time, but the game itself was a bore.
    1. Nothing like popping the national championship cherry. Only trip without wife.
    4/6. Kick butt games.
    5. Loved kicking JSU butt.
    3. First game with son.
    2. Friend saved $5 and booked us in a sh#thole. Got sick from undercooked hot dogs at the pep rally. Puked in bushes by Twin Peaks. Wife came with.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

1-Tough to top that first one, didn't know quite what to expect against an undefeated SHSU team, was so exciting
    4-That game was unreal and to comeback and win it in less then 2 minutes led by a future NFL star, insane
    5-The return of Carson and domination of JSU
    6-Tough defensive slugfest against our toughest opponent
    2-Can't beat a repeat, oh wait
    3-Capped an undefeated season but the game was a forgone conclusion, Towson didn't stand a chance and I would have preferred EWU to get their asses beat by Brock and the Bison!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My favorites in order-

#1 SHSU (I) - It was the first one at this level, and the first NC that I got to see the Bison win since I became a fan that cared. When Beck got the pick late in the 4th and went rumbling down the field, it was at that moment that I knew we were going to be national champions. Also got to rush the field at a sporting event for the first time in my life, pretty awesome experience.
    #2 JMU - #1 vs #2, revenge factor, great game with a great finish, awesome weather, and a year full of adversity. Also a year full of adversity with a lot going on personally in the family. The fact my dad was able to make the trip with me and giving me a big hug right after Easton took a knee to seal it, really made this one special.
    #3 ISU-R - MVFC championship settled on the field. Great game! When Tre took that one to the house my heart sank. Carson and the Legend did their thing, and then Esley got the pick to seal it. A converted QB into LB and making that play to end his career couldn't have been written any better.
    #4 JSU - The return of Carson. The way Easton came in and led the Bison to an 8-0 record in his absence and into the championship game, including a huge home playoff win over the Griz, really made winning that final game with Carson a tremendous example of what it means to be a Bison and show that pride. It's all about the team!
    #5 SHSU (II) - Got sunburned, last time I wore the yellow man suit to a game, really expected us to win that game. Knew we had it in the bag when the D end (Hardie?) caught the 2 point conversion in the end zone on the muffed point after. The Crockett pass!
    #6 Towson - Never felt more 'MEH' about a game than that one for some reason, probably because there was no way were losing that game. And that turf condition sucked!

Cool thread!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I liked that one where we drank all that beer . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Like I said, that night was magical. I got there early and it just seemed like more and more people were showing up. It was a really warm night and I'd actually never been that far south before so it was pretty wild for me to be in shorts and flip flips in January. My friends and I were standing outside in the circle area and just taking it all in. What a fun night.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We sat outside and we drank our own stuff ( single malt and gin and tonics). The band came out and played for us.
    What a great time!!!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I gotta go counter to most with mine:
    #4 MVFC rival in the championship, great plays, nail biting finish, Wentz 1st as starting QB, Klieman shows he can carry on the tradition. I jumped on my couch when we won at the end.
    #1. Because was #1
    #5 Seeing Carson Wentz slice and dice on his way to a number 2 pick. Jsu was so hyped up in the media...seem to recall them being a number 1 seed over us for some insane reason?
    #3 Everyone seems to rank at the bottom. I remember this a the culmination of perfection, the bookend to KSU, the crazy drama around Bohl departing, the messed up turf. The blocked field goal. Stopping Terrance West. To me a memorable game.
    #2 Bison dont just repeat, they establish dominance.
    #6 We'll see how it sits over time, but for me, while great to win, the most sloppy and lucky of wins. Great Bison defense. But bad special teams, bad coaching on both sides, bad referees. Awesome to win, but felt a bit different than our other championships.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For me it was:
    (1) The 1985 NC game under Erk. We were behind by 21 points to Furman. Furman had stopped our Triple. In our 2nd possession of 3rd quarter we opened up our run and shoot package and won the game. Of course the "D" did their job.
    (2) The 1989 NC under Erk. We went 15-0.
    (3) The 1999 NC under Johnson. We averaged 480 on the ground , 120 passing and right at 48 ppg. Demolished Youngstown with about 580 yards and, I think the score was 59 - 21.
    (4) 1986 NC under Erk. Destroyed Ark. State 48 - 21.
    (5)The 2000 Championship under PJ in a close game with Montana.
    (6) The 1990 NC under Stowers. We started the season 0-3 and beat Nevada 36-13

NDSU won 6 in 7 years while it took GSU 15 years.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison