Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rank your favorite title games

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rank your favorite title games

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Anyone know if there are videos of any prior championship games or if they were even televised? Sat by a player from early-mid sixties on plane ride down to Frisco as well as family of current players and they knew each other from back in the day. Heard some good stories and yes, they were glad no twitter or Facebook back then.
    First of all thanks to all of you Bison fans for letting me share GSUs glory days without pounding me into the ground. I see much similarities between NDSU & the old GSC/GSU.
    Of course you got your 6 in 7 years and it took GSC/GSU 15 years.

****You should ask the NDSU media department to make 10 min. highlight DVDs of all 6 NDSU NCs. It would be great to play one before each home game and sell to NDSU alum!

Thanks Gcwaters -
    it’s hard to believe that you were interested in a 1-AA National Championship game back in 1985. Burn the first half of the 1985 NC tape.

Thanks Mr. Moen. I used to have copies of all the NCs and I was such a fanatic during the Erk Russel, 1984 – 1989 era I VHSed all of the Erk TV shows each Sunday. (Not that I would watch them again but I kept them in storage.)

Thanks to you also MTBison! – Those were some great teams. When GSU was HOT they were HOT, but most of GSUs history was made under ERK & Paul Johnson with a lot of screw ups in-between. I thought we would make a great comeback under HC Monken, but he went to Army and turned the program around.

I was going to make 10 min. highlight DVDs of all 6 games but never did.
    I do like this 7 min. 1999 one though. The first 2 min. tends to be a little repetitive but it’s not bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhszINT8v4
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 01-14-2018 at 03:25 AM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post

Thanks Gcwaters -
    it’s hard to believe that you were interested in a 1-AA National Championship game back in 1985. Burn the first half of the 1985 NC tape.
    In '85, I was living in Athens, 3 years post-GSC graduation....when I left, they were still playing club level at Womack Field, so I missed everything after that...my recollection of that game is that it started at 7 or 8 pm LOCAL time, which was 10 or 11 in Georgia...my roommate, also a GSC grad, and I stayed up till the end...great game!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    First of all thanks to all of you Bison fans for letting me share GSUs glory days without pounding into the ground. I see much similarities between NDSU & the old GSC/GSU.
    Of course you got your 6 in 7 years and it took GSC/GSU 15 years.

****You should ask the NDSU media department to make 10 min. highlight DVDs of all 6 NDSU NCs. It would be great to play one before each home game and sell to NDSU alum!

Thanks Gcwaters -

Thanks Mr. Moen. I used to have copies of all the NCs and I was such a fanatic during the Erk Russel, 1984 – 1989 era I VHSed all of the Erk TV shows each Sunday. (Not that I would watch them again but I kept them in storage.)

Thanks to you also MTBison! – Those were some great teams. When GSU was HOT they were HOT, but most of GSUs history was made under ERK & Paul Johnson with a lot of screw ups in-between. I thought we would make a great comeback under HC Monken, but he went to Army and turned the program around.

I was going to make 10 min. highlight DVDs of all 6 games but never did.
    I do like this 7 min. 1999 one though. The first 2 min. tends to be a little repetitive but it’s not bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhszINT8v4
    They did a DVD of the season for each championship so hopefully we will get one this year. One year they premiered it at the Art Deco movie theater downtown (they actually premiered the movie Fargo there). A guy who usually wears a furry yellow coat sat behind me. Much disappointment he didn't wear it that night
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

4- For the first time in the NC games it crossed my mind that we could lose- the comeback and final interception actually brought a tear. Halftime I won the contest on the field throwing against the Ill State fan
    6- The drama leading up to the game of who is the FCS top dog; us still or the new kid on the block (viewed this as Bama vs Clemson- one with a winning tradition with many rings, and one with two thinking they are the kings now- NDSU & Bama take two out of three in recent years)- & from how cocky JMU fans were
    1- First felt awesome
    5- JSU fans lol
    2- Repeating, and getting cut off by half time....
    3- curb stomping, the drive home was miserable

Need a Meatloaf sign with "6 out 7 aint bad" for next year
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They did a DVD of the season for each championship so hopefully we will get one this year. One year they premiered it at the Art Deco movie theater downtown (they actually premiered the movie Fargo there). A guy who usually wears a furry yellow coat sat behind me. Much disappointment he didn't wear it that night
    That was fun going to the theatre and watching it with a lot of people. Would be cool if they did it again.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Here are my top 5:

3 > First championship game and went with my dad. Missed the first 2 because of school but since I was in college in '13 we decided to go and witness the 3-peat. Even though it was a blowout, great time spent with dad.
    4 > Most nerve-racking game I may have ever witnessed. Wentz and RJ were unstoppable that final drive!
    6 > Avenging the loss last year was rewarding.
    5 > Went down with some college buddies and got very good seats. Not that entertaining of a game, with all that southern speed. (JSU)
    1 > First FCS championship, it really seemed surreal at the moment, really didn't think we would rack off another 5 championships the next 6 years.
    2 > Again not much of an entertaining game, other than Keller's 2 pt conversion off the botched extra point try.