Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Championship TV Ratings

Default Re: Championship TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The Winter Olympics are in less than two months. Figure skating is on the network because a shit ton of people watch it every 4th January and February.
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...igure-skating/

It seems people do watch Figure Skating.

Edit: FCS championship was the most watched sports broadcast in its timeslot.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NFL playoff games way down in viewers, FCS playoff not off substantially. There is no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I saw literally no advertising for this game whatsoever. Also, last year, there were a few extra bison fans that weren't at the game to watch it on TV. ESPN could have spent a little promotiin on the revenge factor and played up the dominance of both teams to set up a clash of the FCS titans feel for this game. Missed opportunities by them.
    Maybe since it was FCS, and no matter what, was never going to have more than a million or so viewers, ESPN just didn't give a shit.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

It doesn't help ratings when the week prior there are 40 bowl games on TV for a week or more prior to the FCS title game. The NFL was down last weekend 20% from last year alone. I guess if your to FN stupid to stand for your own national anthem, much of the public isn't stupid enough to watch, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Question of the day: Would the game draw more attention if it were branded as a "bowl game", something like the "Toyota FCS Championship Bowl"? This time of year people are associating college football with bowls, wonder if that would peak some more interest? (Granted the 11 AM start isn't an ideal time either).
    *9am start for the 55 million of us in Pacific time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Question of the day: Would the game draw more attention if it were branded as a "bowl game", something like the "Toyota FCS Championship Bowl"? This time of year people are associating college football with bowls, wonder if that would peak some more interest? (Granted the 11 AM start isn't an ideal time either).
    I don't think 11 AM hurts TV ratings. People watching on TV are either fans of the two teams or are college football fans where it is a bonus to be having college football on at all that day and even more of a bonus it is on that early.