Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Championship TV Ratings

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Championship TV Ratings

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-6-7-2018.html

1.515M viewers...actually lower than last year with 1.563M
    Looking good Billy Ray!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Championship TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-6-7-2018.html

1.515M viewers...actually lower than last year with 1.563M
    I saw literally no advertising for this game whatsoever. Also, last year, there were a few extra bison fans that weren't at the game to watch it on TV. ESPN could have spent a little promotiin on the revenge factor and played up the dominance of both teams to set up a clash of the FCS titans feel for this game. Missed opportunities by them.

Do the numbers include those streaming? Looks like almost entirely across the board numbers are down from the previous year. Plus, most of our viewers were down there watching it live lol
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I saw literally no advertising for this game whatsoever. Also, last year, there were a few extra bison fans that weren't at the game to watch it on TV. ESPN could have spent a little promotiin on the revenge factor and played up the dominance of both teams to set up a clash of the FCS titans feel for this game. Missed opportunities by them.
    Also cord cutting is more prevalent this year. Streaming services are not counted in the numbers.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMO the cuts at ESPN really showed this year. Less promotion, etc. The game seemed to be more of an afterthought than usual.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Carson Wentz, with his tweet telling followers to check out the game, did more to promote the championship game than ESPN or the NCAA did. That is pathetic. Why they don't run at least 1 commercial during their 18 different channels and millions of hours of programming is insane.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

After the NFL Playoff game KC/Tennesee it was the 2nd most watched show on all the ESPN networks on Saturday

And streaming numbers are not included which these days are probably equal to the live tv

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

interesting. Does anyone know how they calculate viewing online? How do they account for all of the moochers who watch off someone else's tv login?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I'm not sure what all the bellyaching is about, that's the most watched FCS title game the Bison have ever played in.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...all-TV-Ratings

As for why last year was higher that's a good question. The 10-15k Bison fans down in Frisco rather than watching the game doesn't move the needle. Maybe it was the Pelini Effect???

Question of the day: Would the game draw more attention if it were branded as a "bowl game", something like the "Toyota FCS Championship Bowl"? This time of year people are associating college football with bowls, wonder if that would peak some more interest? (Granted the 11 AM start isn't an ideal time either).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.