Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cole Davis.... Bison LEGEND??

Default Re: Cole Davis.... Bison LEGEND??

Dont know about legend. But he's a Bison and a champion.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I've been saying essentially the same thing all season. The fact that he wanted to stick it out at NDSU as a backup says a lot about our program - but says a lot more about that young man. I wish he could have gotten into the game at the end.

Chris Board has also shown amazing dedication. Stayed through a position change all the while giving it his all on special teams. Glad he really became a key starter a LB.

Also guys like Esley Thorton (mentioned above, who spend 2 years at his original position), Bryce Messner (3 years), and James Hendricks (2 years) before switching to another position. Not only to provide much-needed depth, but all 3 ended up in starting roles at some point. All moving from offense to defense or vice-versa.

There are more, but these come to mind. Seems to me that this type of unselfishness is pretty common in the Bison program.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Or, maybe there's another explanation. I mean who wouldn't want to be the backup?

Seriously though, thanks Cole!
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Those who stay will be Champions

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Those who stay will be Champions
    Exactly. I admire his dedication to the program.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Dilly Dilly...Thank you, Cole! Pure embodiment of Bison Pride. That guy could have won it, if needed. Will not be forgotten.🤘

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You read that right- LEGEND! Well, at least to me...

Many players have etched their way into Bison-lore by their accomplishments on the field, and some have even done so through the impact they had on others off the field (think Dutch Destroyer). But rarely I would argue, have many players been recognized as heroes by what they have given to their team on the sidelines. I don't need to convince any of you of selfless dedication Cole has given to this team. We all know Cole could have easily packed up and become a legend at another FCS or DII school, but Cole stuck it out. Why? "Those who stay will be champions".

As I stormed the field after Saturday's National Championship, and after the trophy had been presented, I felt compelled to find and thank #7 before any of our other incredible players. I'm not sure what any of you will think of my little manifesto here, but to me, Cole Davis is an unblemished embodiment of Bison Pride. Coach Klieman himself has difficulty describing the Bison-Pride 'it-factor', however I think that #7 defines it better than we ever could. A 'kid', committing to a legacy far greater than himself, forsaking all glory and recognition in the process. Selfless, determined, dedicated, faithful, self-sacrificing... Legendary.

I find myself wishing there was something I could do to commemorate Cole and all the Bison like Cole in some way. In the same way that the '12' is commensurate with Seattle Seahawks fans, I feel that #7, at least to me, is now inseparable from the unsung heroes who make the Bison who they are. I know that I am no one and my ramblings will likely never mean anything to anyone, but to all Bison fans out there, I offer this cogitation: the next time we get to experience another thrilling bison moment, a touchdown, an interception, another video clip of our offensive linemen throwing around opposing cornerbacks like children- think of all the #7s who made that moment possible. Without them, there would be no 14 championships, no college gameday, no frisco, no "Bison-Pride"...

So I raise a toast to Cole Davis. Bison Legend.
    To every #7 who has made this program legendary, and to all the #7's yet to come, Bison Nation thanks you.
    Your thanking him is recognition enough. I'm sure he appreciated it. Absolutely respect the guy for sticking it out even though he knew he wasn't going to be the guy.

Thread should be renamed "Bison Legends"

Is Erik Olson, Keenan Hodenfield, Daniel Polansky Legends? or is the backup QB the most popular player on every team, as they say?