Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cole Davis.... Bison LEGEND??

Default Cole Davis.... Bison LEGEND??

You read that right- LEGEND! Well, at least to me...

Many players have etched their way into Bison-lore by their accomplishments on the field, and some have even done so through the impact they had on others off the field (think Dutch Destroyer). But rarely I would argue, have many players been recognized as heroes by what they have given to their team on the sidelines. I don't need to convince any of you of selfless dedication Cole has given to this team. We all know Cole could have easily packed up and become a legend at another FCS or DII school, but Cole stuck it out. Why? "Those who stay will be champions".

As I stormed the field after Saturday's National Championship, and after the trophy had been presented, I felt compelled to find and thank #7 before any of our other incredible players. I'm not sure what any of you will think of my little manifesto here, but to me, Cole Davis is an unblemished embodiment of Bison Pride. Coach Klieman himself has difficulty describing the Bison-Pride 'it-factor', however I think that #7 defines it better than we ever could. A 'kid', committing to a legacy far greater than himself, forsaking all glory and recognition in the process. Selfless, determined, dedicated, faithful, self-sacrificing... Legendary.

I find myself wishing there was something I could do to commemorate Cole and all the Bison like Cole in some way. In the same way that the '12' is commensurate with Seattle Seahawks fans, I feel that #7, at least to me, is now inseparable from the unsung heroes who make the Bison who they are. I know that I am no one and my ramblings will likely never mean anything to anyone, but to all Bison fans out there, I offer this cogitation: the next time we get to experience another thrilling bison moment, a touchdown, an interception, another video clip of our offensive linemen throwing around opposing cornerbacks like children- think of all the #7s who made that moment possible. Without them, there would be no 14 championships, no college gameday, no frisco, no "Bison-Pride"...

So I raise a toast to Cole Davis. Bison Legend.
    To every #7 who has made this program legendary, and to all the #7's yet to come, Bison Nation thanks you.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: Cole Davis.... Bison LEGEND??

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Many players have etched their way into Bison-lore by their accomplishments on the field, and some have even done so through the impact they had on others off the field (think Dutch Destroyer). But rarely I would argue, have many players been recognized as heroes by what they have given to their team on the sidelines. I don't need to convince any of you of selfless dedication Cole has given to this team. We all know Cole could have easily packed up and become a legend at another FCS or DII school, but Cole stuck it out. Why? "Those who stay will be champions".

As I stormed the field after Saturday's National Championship, and after the trophy had been presented, I felt compelled to find and thank #7 before any of our other incredible players. I'm not sure what any of you will think of my little manifesto here, but to me, Cole Davis is an unblemished embodiment of Bison Pride. Coach Klieman himself has difficulty describing the Bison-Pride 'it-factor', however I think that #7 defines it better than we ever could. A 'kid', committing to a legacy far greater than himself, forsaking all glory and recognition in the process. Selfless, determined, dedicated, faithful, self-sacrificing... Legendary.

I find myself wishing there was something I could do to commemorate Cole and all the Bison like Cole in some way. In the same way that the '12' is commensurate with Seattle Seahawks fans, I feel that #7, at least to me, is now inseparable from the unsung heroes who make the Bison who they are. I know that I am no one and my ramblings will likely never mean anything to anyone, but to all Bison fans out there, I offer this cogitation: the next time we get to experience another thrilling bison moment, a touchdown, an interception, another video clip of our offensive linemen throwing around opposing cornerbacks like children- think of all the #7s who made that moment possible. Without them, there would be no 14 championships, no college gameday, no frisco, no "Bison-Pride"...

To every #7 who has made this program legendary, and to all the #7's yet to come, Bison Nation thanks you.
    Cole is the definition of Team
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. Harry S Truman
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Hear Hear!
    Rixen

Dilly Dilly

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cole Davis is the man!

.....yup.....

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

So well said Mankato. Culture. Cole Davis is the human embodiment of a central aspect of this thing that differentiates this program from nearly all the others. You have so eloquently expressed that which is so central to the success (IMHO) of this program and what drives its ability to sustain that success. Those so very unselfish members who favor the ONLY name on our jerseys. I dearly love to watch the special talents of those who are good enough to make the field. But I have no doubt that they are able to go out and give their all without regard to downside while knowing that there is a Cole Davis who is right behind them and ready to step up and fill their shoes should they fall.

I second the toast to all the Cole Davis' of this very special program and I am so very happy to be affiliated with all of you as an NDSU alum.

Right On! Can't say anything else. Cole was Carsons Backup, then came the future Mr.Stick and Cole new he would not get the knod, but hung in there, now that takes the cake for being selfless, and TEAM through and through. Not many college players would do that, and say I'm out of here, but winning Championships and the bigger picture continued to be Coles focus, and I can't blame him for staying and just being there if needed through 4 years and 3 different QBs in front of him.
    Thank you for doing this Thread. Your so RIGHT! It takes players to know where they are needed, know their roles, and never get upset just want to be part of the success and maybe someday get a chance is amazing....I was one of those players my senior year in High School for our STATE runners up basketball team. A Role Player! I worked my butt off made the team was the 7th or 8th man off the bench, I was the Best shooter on the team, but, didn't have the speed or big enough to play inside with the big boys, would gladly except playing more but was there IF NEEDED. I would see myself like Cole Davis.

The sacrifice to be a bison football player is not like DII football or DIII. Your next 5 years are owned to NDSU, but the reward is SUCCESS at the highest level!
    As Esley Thorton (former QB turned LInebacker) said back in 2014 after the 4th championship, he had nothing left in his tank or a urge in the Fall of 2015 to play any more football. He was burnt out.This guy was a rock store in HSchool. BBall first play in Regional Basketball Tourney was a slam dunk off the tip ball, this guy was a winner in all he did, QB for ND team playing Montana's team in annual High School All-Star game and ND won 45-41 in a shootout. Its the last time ND team won verses Montana Team. 2010. Won't ever happen either, it should stop. Its a slaughter!

Successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do in life.....that's the difference. Be all in or not! NDSU is just amazing in positive energy and that equates to success throughout all their student athletes and beyond....

Congrats Bison on #6, and setting the Bar on being a top 20 FBS Team in the nation by my eyes!

Nodak Greg!

Yes Cole Davis is a bison legend because:

The strength of the herd is the bison, and the strength of the bison is the herd.

Count me in as a Cole Davis fan. Fantastic post!