Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big XII AQ Spot Predictions

Default Re: Big XII AQ Spot Predictions

I know these are Preliminary but they usually don't change too much.

125 - Bianchi, has a very winnable first round match but has a bad match-up with one Taylor LaMont from UVU in the quarters.

133 - Sykora, again here is a very winnable first round match but then has a tough one in the quarters vs Kaid Brock from OSU. Cam was out when we had teh dual with OSU so this will be their first meeting of teh season.

141 - Midkiff, has a tough one right out of the box with Alec Opsal from AFA who handled him pretty good at the end of the season dual with AF. I have to give some serious respect to McGwire though for stepping up in a tough situation and really wrestling well. I think he has huge upside in the years to come.

149 - Gliva, has an opponent in Matthew Ontiveros of UVU who he has already beaten twice this year so I look for him to win the opener but we have a trend here in that he has a really tough second round match vs Boo Lewallen of OSU. In looking up history they have not wrestled each other yet this season.

157 - Ream, has beaten both potential opponents that he could possible see in the quarters and he will most likely see either Jonce Blaylock of OSU who he beat in a tight match earlier this season or Logan Ryan of UNI who due to transfer rules was not in the UNI lineup when had the dual with them.

165 - Fogarty, will get the winner of the Keilan Torres of UNCO vs FORFEIT (that's what the bracket says folks, LOL) who he defeated last year at the Big XII Tournament. I think Andrew will win again this year where he will the run into Branson Ashworth of WYO again. These matches have been pretty hard fought between them winAshworth winning the last meeting 2-0

174 - Urbach, will start off the tournament vs Parker VonEgidy of WVU, they did not wrestle each other when had the dual with WVU but this is matchup I think Urbach wins but then he gets Taylor Lujan of UNI and things did not end well in their last meeting.

184 - I know they have McNutt listed here and I would really like to see him back on the mat but I am not sure if that will be the case or not. Tyler has been out since teh South Beach duals so it's atoss up if we see him or not at this point.

197 - Eaton starts the dual off with Jacob Seely of UNCO. I think Cordell pulls off the win here and gets his rematch with Rotert of SDSU. I think Cordell had himself in a position to win the Rotert match at the SDSU dual so I would love to see the rematch.

285 - Stribral starts off with Brandon Ngati of WVU. Their last meeting went to SV-1 last time they met but I think Big Dan wins it again and then gets Dustin Dennison- UVU. Big Dan lost their matchup but the whole UVU dual was very strange and I think this is match that Dan can win if they should meet up.

All these are subject to change of course but I'm looking forward to a great tournament down in Tulsa.

Gladiator Dad was right, looks like Charley Popp is in at 184.

As the 10 seed, he'll have to win to get a shot at the 2 seeded Mueller, but remember that Popp was right with Mueller recently.