Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Starters

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2018 Starters

What are there like 16 guys that started coming back next year. This was the number according to Izzo and Kolpack. That is insane!!! What do you say, Run the table in 2018?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Default Re: 2018 Starters

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    What are there like 16 guys that started coming back next year. This was the number according to Izzo and Kolpack. That is insane!!! What do you say, Run the table in 2018?
    Just focus one game at a time. Preparation for next season starts in just a few weeks for the young men when they are at the mercy of Kramer.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can’t! This is too much fun!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Every area and even position could improve except for MLB and FS.

We always worry about the interior DL and the OL when we lose great players, but the NDSU system just keeps growing high quality football players at those positions as well.

I'm excited to see who will step up and play equal to or better than Austin Kuhnert. Might it even be a freshman??

With Alison,Wimbush, and Dom Davis healthy, and Marquise Bridges looking like Xavier Rhodes; will Joshua Hayes convert to FS?

There is a lot to be determined before opening day kickoff, and probably after opening day, but yeah.......it really is nice to have all these returning starters.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Every area and even position could improve except for MLB and FS.

We always worry about the interior DL and the OL when we lose great players, but the NDSU system just keeps growing high quality football players at those positions as well.

I'm excited to see who will step up and play equal to or better than Austin Kuhnert. Might it even be a freshman??

With Alison,Wimbush, and Dom Davis healthy, and Marquise Bridges looking like Xavier Rhodes; will Joshua Hayes convert to FS?

There is a lot to be determined before opening day kickoff, and probably after opening day, but yeah.......it really is nice to have all these returning starters.
    Possibly, but I would say no. Just going off recruiting classes, we haven't signed many true corners. We need the numbers there. As you can see this year we hurting for corners with everyone hurt. Could be wrong, other players like Dempsey and Dudzik have transitioned to free saftey after their freshman years and have thrived. I just don't see it numbers wise. But the best players need to play.

Bison should be loaded next year and adding in a couple new starting Redshirt freshmen is always exciting. Both lines are going to be solid so that alone makes for a big season. Would like to see improvement at WR and a much bigger emphasis on Special Teams. I was not impressed at all with special teams, the only area I really thought was below par and was all season even against marginal teams. If you took Cox off the kickoff team it would have been ugly at times. Again, against teams we beat by 30+ anyways. Also, It would be nice to keep Cox out of special teams as silly injuries occur on a very frequent basis, he's too important in the defense.

My guess.

LT: Radunz
    LG: Conner
    C: T Volson
    RG: C Volson
    RT: Z Johnson
    QB: Stick
    RB: Dunn/Anderson/Brooks (they'll all get plenty of touches)
    FB: Robbins
    TE: Jenson
    WR: Shepherd
    WR: Williams

DE: Menard
    DT: Steidl
    DT: Karcz
    DE: D Tuszka
    SLB: Jordheim
    MLB: Marlette
    WLB: Cox
    CB: Allison
    CB: Wimbush
    FS: Grimsley
    SS: Hendricks
    Nickel: Bridges

That defense is still going to be stacked even with losing 3 AA caliber guys in Tanguay, Deluca, and Dempsey (and a very good LB in Board).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    My guess.

LT: Radunz
    LG: Conner
    C: T Volson
    RG: C Volson
    RT: Z Johnson
    QB: Stick
    RB: Dunn/Anderson/Brooks (they'll all get plenty of touches)
    FB: Robbins
    TE: Jenson
    WR: Shepherd
    WR: Williams

DE: Menard
    DT: Steidl
    DT: Karcz
    DE: D Tuszka
    SLB: Jordheim
    MLB: Marlette
    WLB: Cox
    CB: Allison
    CB: Wimbush
    FS: Grimsley
    SS: Hendricks
    Nickel: Bridges

That defense is still going to be stacked even with losing 3 AA caliber guys in Tanguay, Deluca, and Dempsey (and a very good LB in Board).
    Has a team ever won every game 100-0? That team could be a friggin GOAT
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Has a team ever won every game 100-0? That team could be a friggin GOAT
    Biggest question mark for me is what receiver steps up opposite of Shepherd. I like Williams and Freeman but it seems like their potential is somewhat limited at this point. If Cain takes the next step or if a freshman like Christian Watson can step up and be the guy (there's 8 freshman WR on the roster) that could really be the piece that turns that offense into a juggernaut.

Need to find a way to get 5 running backs on the field at the same time. I'm only half-joking that Wilson and Brooks should be wideouts.
    It's OK to not be OK.