Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Starters

Default Re: 2018 Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I don't think any of our rbs are bad. Just hard to get 6 guys touches and keep everyone happy. Cofield and purifoy are just the two we really haven't seen and we all know those other guys are really good. I seem to remember hearing lots of good thing about cofield during his red shirt year. I'm also not saying they leave but possible position change to get on the field? Seems to have worked for hendricks and bridges.
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...view-113476998

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Jabril stood out a lot, especially compared to Jaxon Brown. Nothing against Brown, but he’s not even a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya, and he will be competing at safety not LB.

Marquise Bridges will be playing on Sunday's if he stays relatively healthy throughout his time at NDSU. His talent is next level. Of course he is starting next year. He is the best cover corner on the team, and I have been saying this all year, not just recently.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think any of our rbs are bad. Just hard to get 6 guys touches and keep everyone happy. Cofield and purifoy are just the two we really haven't seen and we all know those other guys are really good. I seem to remember hearing lots of good thing about cofield during his red shirt year. I'm also not saying they leave but possible position change to get on the field? Seems to have worked for hendricks and bridges.
    That's the thing I forget at times. We have a small sample size with both. They will be needed as RB's in 19' even if they don't get a lot of touches during 18'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post

Marquise Bridges will be playing on Sunday's if he stays relatively healthy throughout his time at NDSU. His talent is next level. Of course he is starting next year. He is the best cover corner on the team, and I have been saying this all year, not just recently.
    Really? You might be right, but he hasn't played much college football yet. A game and a half and some plays here and there the rest of the season and he's the best cover corner on the team? Why didn't he play more then?

Don't get me wrong, he's looked great when he was needed the most and I'm certainly a fan. But.....I'm just sayin'.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Really? You might be right, but he hasn't played much college football yet. A game and a half and some plays here and there the rest of the season and he's the best cover corner on the team? Why didn't he play more then?

Don't get me wrong, he's looked great when he was needed the most and I'm certainly a fan. But.....I'm just sayin'.
    How dare you be rational here. Bisonville is no place for people like you, find somewhere else to spout your logical opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post

Yeah ok. I like your enthusiasm but I remember your NFL man love for Vraa and your dislike for Grimsley.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yeah ok. I like your enthusiasm but I remember your NFL man love for Vraa and your dislike for Grimsley.
    I never disliked Grimsley. I disliked his poor tackling technique and I still do. He still gets run over sometimes like he isn't even there. He is a really good football player. He plays at an elite level IQ.

He deserves all his accolades and laurels and he is great guy.

Since I posted that thread that got me all that red he has added strength and weight and greatly improved in the area I was complaining about, however, there is still room for a little bit more. I'm confident he will weigh in around 197 next fall and tweak a few things in his approach to the ball carrier and be a fine All-American in 2018.

As for Vraa....I still,for the life of me, cannot understand the disrespect. After catching every catch-able ball and catching impossible balls at his shoe strings and over defenders heads and shoulders, great blocking, and extremely smart playing all around, and just being an almost automatic third down conversion, the fans think him mediocre because he ran a slow forty??

I don't get it man. Shame on you

I still believe if it weren't for the medical redshirts and plates in both shoulders, he would have had a legitimate shot in an NFL camp. If even just a practice squad.

Jarvis Landry with his 4.7 forty and abominable triangle numbers, and his 31 inch vertical, is going to the Pro Bowl again this year. Lots of skilled WR's with slow forties go far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The return of Radunz will make a difference.
    And stays healthy.

who was the punter in the spring game that couldn't catch the snap. I really hope that's not what we are relying on next year. Need to fix the kicking game between poor punts and blocked fg
    More than one blocked FG throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    More than one blocked FG throughout the year.
    I believe there were 3 blocked field goals. That's crazy, I think the first 2 were bad blocking but the one in the championship was a low kick. They didn't even need to jump