Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Starters

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Starters

Hearing a lot of chatter about not losing a lot of Sr and how loaded this team is to make a run for another NC. I feel the big hole in our plan is losing RJ "Catch Everything" Urzendowski. The WRs replacing him are a big unknown and we were unable to develop the FBS transfer WR, who was the best WR during last years fall camp.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Hearing a lot of chatter about not losing a lot of Sr and how loaded this team is to make a run for another NC. I feel the big hole in our plan is losing RJ "Catch Everything" Urzendowski. The WRs replacing him are a big unknown and we were unable to develop the FBS transfer WR, who was the best WR during last years fall camp.
    You know what....our WR's are going to be great next year; but even if they weren't, the receiving talent at our RB and TE positions is so elite, it wouldn't even matter that much. Really. Babicz played WR and could be a red zone threat as well.

I know everyone is keen on Christian Watson, and so am I, but there is a dark horse candidate to perhaps make an early splash....keep an eye on Andy Voyen at the end of some of our wipeout games early next season. Could be the next, catch everything, guy.

What are your NFL connections saying?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    What are your NFL connections saying?

They said look at the roster. That will tell you how many are coming back.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They said look at the roster. That will tell you how many are coming back.
    I was thinking they would say something like, "lose this number now!"
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You're not hearing chatter your just crazy.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Biggest question mark for me is what receiver steps up opposite of Shepherd. I like Williams and Freeman but it seems like their potential is somewhat limited at this point. If Cain takes the next step or if a freshman like Christian Watson can step up and be the guy (there's 8 freshman WR on the roster) that could really be the piece that turns that offense into a juggernaut.
    I think Cain takes a big step in the program next year with a year under his belt. Very excited to see what Watson can bring to the table next year as well. I agree it is a question mark but I am very excited about that position group next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I wonder how Coefield and Purifoy fit into the picture at RB. I have to think Seth Wilson will give them a run for their money at #4 RB (he showed he can play).
    I hope they all stick around and we don't lose any of them. We lose Brooks and Dunn after next year and they will all get their turn to be the feature backs in 2019. Those who stay will be champions!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I hope they all stick around and we don't lose any of them. We lose Brooks and Dunn after next year and they will all get their turn to be the feature backs in 2019. Those who stay will be champions!
    We lose Anderson and Dunn. Brooks will be a junior next year.

Long story, but my good friend (an NDSU fan) went to the UND/USD game in Vermillion this past fall. He happen to sit next to a scout that works for different sites. Him and my buddy got to talking and he told my friend that he has no idea how NDSU landed Saybein Clark. Said he can’t believe he didn’t end up Big 10 or Big 12 and that he will be shocked if he isn’t a starter after his redshirt year. He said he’s a great athlete and even better kid.

Average size, average speed, above average route runner and good hands. I didn't see a lot of double coverage and game planning for URZ... Just a real good program player who made his own mark at the FCS level. Im surprised NDSU hasn't had a real difference maker at WR over the past ten years. I guess most guys with great size, speed and hands are at FBS schools or they are the kind of kid NDSU isn't interested in having on campus.