Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Starters

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Starters

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Will Stick start?
    I thought he was transferring to Nebraska.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I wonder which FCS team Jalen Hurts will be starting for next year?
    LOL. Probably Sam Houston.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Lets think about this. Last year, we were LOADED at RB. We ended up yanking a redshirt that most people complained about...and hew as a HUGE asset to us. WE HAD TO HAVE HIM. So can we just let things play out. You don't come to NDSU with a promise. The only promise you get is that it will be really hard work. Those that stay will be champions. FACT. so instead of thinking we have TOO much depth and we have some "odd man out" guys...can we just let this figure itself out. We want kids who aren't scare of a depth chart. Those are kids who become stars. Is there ever such thing as too much talent? #Bisonprobs
    Geez Burg, you are a kill joy . We have like 200 days to argue about the depth chart. That sounds like fun. It's either that or the special teams or whether we should run fullback power.

By the way don't you have one year left of eligibility as punter.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I nominate CAS to use his last year of eligibility to come in as the punter....PL can be the long snapper! Please no "Hall of Fame" nominations for this....
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Lets think about this. Last year, we were LOADED at RB. We ended up yanking a redshirt that most people complained about...and hew as a HUGE asset to us. WE HAD TO HAVE HIM. So can we just let things play out. You don't come to NDSU with a promise. The only promise you get is that it will be really hard work. Those that stay will be champions. FACT. so instead of thinking we have TOO much depth and we have some "odd man out" guys...can we just let this figure itself out. We want kids who aren't scare of a depth chart. Those are kids who become stars. Is there ever such thing as too much talent? #Bisonprobs
    But the point is getting all the talent on the field. Hard to get 4 guys carries, let alone 6. Possible to redshirt SW next year?

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    But the point is getting all the talent on the field. Hard to get 4 guys carries, let alone 6.
    Hate to even say it, but what about the possibility of injuries? A deep set of RBs proved critical this year.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Will Stick start?
    Lol, in one of the post or pre-game press conference that question was asked by a reporter. It made absolutely zero sense.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    But the point is getting all the talent on the field. Hard to get 4 guys carries, let alone 6. Possible to redshirt SW next year?
    If you contributed the last half of the season and helped the team win a national championship would you want to sit out a year? I'm sure Seth wants to compete for a position on the depth chart.

Quote "I wonder how Coefield and Purifoy fit into the picture at RB. I have to think Seth Wilson will give them a run for their money at #4 RB (he showed he can play)".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I think those two are the odd men out. I agree that Wilson is behind those other 3 and will be involved.
    Of course Wilson ran behind the 1st team o-line ... I don't remember Colfield or Purifoy getting a shot at that luxery.

And I don't know if it is true, but I saw a stat somewhere that along with having a track star speed like our other RBs, that Cofield could squat over 500 coming out of high school?

Iff so, then that kid will probably be a huge asset to the Bison run game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    Quote "I wonder how Coefield and Purifoy fit into the picture at RB. I have to think Seth Wilson will give them a run for their money at #4 RB (he showed he can play)".Of course Wilson ran behind the 1st team o-line ... I don't remember Colfield or Purifoy getting a shot at that luxery.

And I don't know if it is true, but I saw a stat somewhere that along with having a track star speed like our other RBs, that Cofield could squat over 500 coming out of high school?

Iff so, then that kid will probably be a huge asset to the Bison run game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I don't think any of our rbs are bad. Just hard to get 6 guys touches and keep everyone happy. Cofield and purifoy are just the two we really haven't seen and we all know those other guys are really good. I seem to remember hearing lots of good thing about cofield during his red shirt year. I'm also not saying they leave but possible position change to get on the field? Seems to have worked for hendricks and bridges.