Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Starters

Default Re: 2018 Starters

The return of Radunz will make a difference.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I posted at length to the Looking Ahead to 2018 roster discussion but a summary for me:

- WR position scares the hell out of me. Shepherd and Williams doesn't seem like a championship caliber WR duo and as of right now they are the #1 and #2. The depth is, at this point, nothing to be excited about either. This also isn't a position that we just grow talent like OL. Our running game and TE group will need to pick up this slack.

- I really hope that Cordell Volson can transition smoothly to RG like some of you have suggested because then I would feel pretty damn good about the OL. If not, the starting talent and depth is something that concerns me.

- In general, S, LB, DT, OG*, and WR groups will take hits that I don't think we will replace evenly or improve. Doesn't mean they will be poor or even average performers. Just downgrades for the year.

- DE, CB, OT, and RB will be groups that I think will improve.

Just my thoughts.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Biggest question mark for me is what receiver steps up opposite of Shepherd. I like Williams and Freeman but it seems like their potential is somewhat limited at this point. If Cain takes the next step or if a freshman like Christian Watson can step up and be the guy (there's 8 freshman WR on the roster) that could really be the piece that turns that offense into a juggernaut.
    Williams flashed a little in Shep's absence. He's basically in the same mold.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Big thing for spring ball and next year will be developing depth. Huge senior class, and nearly all major contributors.

DL is gonna be ridiculous. Need LB depth/health, should be fun to watch what they do in the secondary.

OL will be a competition to find the best 5, need to find a WR or 2. Excited to see how far Gindorff has come at TE.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My guess.

LT: Radunz
    LG: Conner
    C: T Volson
    RG: C Volson
    RT: Z Johnson
    QB: Stick
    RB: Dunn/Anderson/Brooks (they'll all get plenty of touches)
    FB: Robbins
    TE: Jenson
    WR: Shepherd
    WR: Williams

DE: Menard
    DT: Steidl
    DT: Karcz
    DE: D Tuszka
    SLB: Jordheim
    MLB: Marlette
    WLB: Cox
    CB: Allison
    CB: Wimbush
    FS: Grimsley
    SS: Hendricks
    Nickel: Bridges

That defense is still going to be stacked even with losing 3 AA caliber guys in Tanguay, Deluca, and Dempsey (and a very good LB in Board).
    I agree with your line up with two exceptions. I doubt they will move Grimsley from SS where he has been for three years to a FS and Hendricks currently plays FS and I doubt they will switch him to SS. Probably just a typo?

My guess.

LT: Radunz
    LG: Conner
    C: T Volson
    RG: C Volson
    RT: Z Johnson
    QB: Stick
    RB: Dunn/Anderson/Brooks (they'll all get plenty of touches)
    FB: Robbins
    TE: Jenson
    WR: Shepherd
    WR: Williams

DE: Menard
    DT: Steidl
    DT: Karcz
    DE: D Tuszka
    SLB: Jordheim
    MLB: Marlette
    WLB: Cox
    CB: Allison
    CB: Wimbush
    FS: Grimsley
    SS: Hendricks
    Nickel: Bridges

That defense is still going to be stacked even with losing 3 AA caliber guys in Tanguay, Deluca, and Dempsey (and a very good LB in Board).
    Butler????

How bout Nash Jensen at og. Really hope radunz and marlette come back healthy. I think our defense can be amazing again with allison and bridges locking guys down and our d line getting pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I agree with your line up with two exceptions. I doubt they will move Grimsley from SS where he has been for three years to a FS and Hendricks currently plays FS and I doubt they will switch him to SS. Probably just a typo?
    Hendricks has been listed as Grimsley's backup all year at SS and even worked out with the LBs later in the year IIRC. He just seems like more of a prototypical SS whereas Grimsley seems better suited to move to FS. Wouldn't really matter though, seems like both guys could lock down those spots in either order.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Butler????
    I know... it seems crazy that he wouldn't start but I think Derek Tuszka has just been that good later in the season into the playoffs. I'm sure they'd still rotate a lot so Butler would play plenty but I think Tuszka will pass him.

Spencer waege almost had his red shirt pulled to start the year. Really glad they didn't lose his year. Our pass rush could be scary next year. Especially with cox coming off the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Spencer waege almost had his red shirt pulled to start the year. Really glad they didn't lose his year. Our pass rush could be scary next year. Especially with cox coming off the edge
    Watching the big boys play tonight

Obviously the long ball is very important

These are 2 hard ass defenses, the long ball is the dagger