Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Championship game stupid factoids

Default 2017-18 Championship game stupid factoids

NDSU's had played over 1100 games before this championship game and only won one of those games by the score of 17-13.

Default Re: 2017-18 Championship game stupid factoids

Factoid 2: Easton Stick tied Arden Beachy's season record for the highest passing efficiency: 169.5.
    Factoid 3: Easton Stick tied Steve Walker's career total for passing TDs: 60. Note: Brock "The Second E is for Excellence" Jensen had 72 passing TDs.

28-2: NDSU's FCS postseason record.
    Also 28-2: JMU's record (regular and postseason) under Coach Houston.

Both records are amazing.
    Last edited by tony; 01-08-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Oops

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    28-2: NDSU's FCS postseason record.
    Also 28-2: JMU's record (regular and postseason) under Coach Matthews.

Both records are amazing.
    Houston, we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    That would be very uncharacteristic of our intrepid moderator. Perhaps he is referring to this guy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Matthews

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Please hang around here Steeler, it's nice to have opposing fans viewpoints presented. Cypanth is a great contributor to this site and we have some reasonable jacks fans too. You add a great CAA perspective that's missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Please hang around here Steeler, it's nice to have opposing fans viewpoints presented. Cypanth is a great contributor to this site and we have some reasonable jacks fans too. You add a great CAA perspective that's missing here.
    I'll second this, except the part about the Jacks fans.

D'oh. D'oh. D'oh. Sorry about that, I had the last coach's name stuck in my head.

Which is inexplicable because I got Coach Houston's W-L record here: http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/team000459.html

If Bisonville had a 25th Amendment, I'd be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I'll hang around, I like you guys. Told some people down in Frisco at the bar after the game that I think the CAA this year may have hurt us more than any previous year. We need the historically dominant programs like UD, Nova and W&M to be good (screw UR). But this year none of them made the playoffs, meanwhile perennial cellar dwellers were rising to the top. I think Stony Brook has an upside, Elon will only be good while they can hang on to their coach (which should pretty much be through next season). Iron sharpens iron, and we're getting too much aluminum right now. We're now undefeated 2 years in a row in conference, and I don't necessarily see that as a good thing.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll hang around, I like you guys. Told some people down in Frisco at the bar after the game that I think the CAA this year may have hurt us more than any previous year. We need the historically dominant programs like UD, Nova and W&M to be good (screw UR). But this year none of them made the playoffs, meanwhile perennial cellar dwellers were rising to the top. I think Stony Brook has an upside, Elon will only be good while they can hang on to their coach (which should pretty much be through next season). Iron sharpens iron, and we're getting too much aluminum right now. We're now undefeated 2 years in a row in conference, and I don't necessarily see that as a good thing.
    Yeah, UNH had an amazing playoff run, but they need to handle their conference schedule better. Should be interesting with Rocco back at UD, we play them next year for homecoming.