Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some congrats from GSU fans on GSUFANS.com

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Some congrats from GSU fans on GSUFANS.com

TALON - I'm happy for them. They have won their 6th in 7 years. They just go on & on.
    Don't want them to win their 7th in FCS any time soon, but they *"earned" their
    6th just like 1-5.

Veagle - Yep...........and they would have beaten Southern like a drum in 2016 and 2017...........

McEagle - There living in a world of there own up there in ND

GIEAGLE - Yep, TALON. Good program there for a long time. Not sure how many Division ll titles they have, but they sure won a lot of games at that level also. That program's a winner & it seems good players in that part of the country love to go there and be a part of that winning program. Ya gotta give 'em the well deserved props the players, coaching staffs, & school administration, deserve. The supporters have to be enjoying the heck out of this run. I remember when.....

Blead’n Eagle Blue - I have nothing but respect for NDSU. I watched the fourth quarter of the game and they were playing tough hard nosed football as usual nothing to fancy just lined up and executed better than JMU.

Garns 4 - I predicted NDSU 28-24 by 4, they win 17-13 by 4. Just a great program. I think 8 NC's on D2 level, now 6 on FCS level. They will get their 7th next year. Their QB will be back.

The Eagle Way - Fargo, you mean the NDSU Invitational?
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Some congrats from GSU fans on GSUFANS.com

Man we miss you guys at this level. Wish you were still playing FCS

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Man we miss you guys at this level. Wish you were still playing FCS
    Sometime I do to. I miss the playoffs. Still we would have not been in the FCS playoffs the last 2 years.
    I hope our new HC, staff & players will turn the tide from the last 2 years.
    I still hate the pistol option, but we did win with it the first 2 years HC Fritz was at GSU & can only hope the new HC runs it well.
    I would still rather run the old Spread Triple option that HC Erk installed under Paul Johnson in 1986.
    We won 6 NCs with it but can never hold on to a coach.

I digress & lament. This is NDSUs 6th NC so enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Sometime I do to. I miss the playoffs. Still we would have not been in the FCS playoffs the last 2 years.
    I still hate the pistol option, but we did win with it the first 2 years HC Fritz was at GSU & can only hope the new HC runs it well.
    I would still rather run the old Spread Triple option that HC Erk installed under Paul Johnson in 1986.

Did you guys fire your terrible Athletic Director too?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

TALON - I'm happy for them. They have won their 6th in 7 years. They just go on & on.
    6th just like 1-5.

Veagle - Yep...........and they would have beaten Southern like a drum in 2016 and 2017...........

GIEAGLE - Yep, TALON. Good program there for a long time. Not sure how many Division ll titles they have, but they sure won a lot of games at that level also. That program's a winner & it seems good players in that part of the country love to go there and be a part of that winning program. Ya gotta give 'em the well deserved props the players, coaching staffs, & school administration, deserve. The supporters have to be enjoying the heck out of this run. I remember when.....

Blead’n Eagle Blue - I have nothing but respect for NDSU. I watched the fourth quarter of the game and they were playing tough hard nosed football as usual nothing to fancy just lined up and executed better than JMU.

Garns 4 - I predicted NDSU 28-24 by 4, they win 17-13 by 4. Just a great program. I think 8 NC's on D2 level, now 6 on FCS level. They will get their 7th next year. Their QB will be back.

Post is so nice...... Must resist urge to be a giant dick......

While I love the option, it has worn out it's welcome at the DI FCS or FBS level. Defenses at these levels are too fast and too athletic to run it 90% of the time, I am convinced the QB read option is a presnap decision. Again, defenses are too fast and athletic to be reading mid-play. Someday, when I have nothing but time to kill, I will study defensive alignments vs. trying to read a DE on the QB read.

6th just like 1-5.

In regards to what type of National Championships and the number won by NDSU at each level:

Three at the “College Division.” This was before DI, DII and DIII. The big schools played in the “University Division.” The winner of the College Division was determined by a final AP and UPI poll of the four regional bowl winners (ex. Pecan, Camellia, Tangerine, Grantland Rice). I believe NDSU was 4-1 in these games.

Five at the DII level. From 1983 to 1990, NDSU was 5-2 in the title game.

Six at the FCS DI level. 6-0 record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Did you guys fire your terrible Athletic Director too?
    No. had a chance but did not. If current HC pick poops out in 2 years I hope they are both gone!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    While I love the option, it has worn out it's welcome at the DI FCS or FBS level. Defenses at these levels are too fast and too athletic to run it 90% of the time, I am convinced the QB read option is a presnap decision. Again, defenses are too fast and athletic to be reading mid-play. Someday, when I have nothing but time to kill, I will study defensive alignments vs. trying to read a DE on the QB read.
    Honest question, has the triple option really become obsolete or is that just some mantra that people are reciting? The few teams that I know of that do or have run it in recent memory were good and no one really wanted to face them. How many teams run an NFL west coast power offense like NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In regards to what type of National Championships and the number won by NDSU at each level:

Three at the “College Division.” This was before DI, DII and DIII. The big schools played in the “University Division.” The winner of the College Division was determined by a final AP and UPI poll of the four regional bowl winners (ex. Pecan, Camellia, Tangerine, Grantland Rice). I believe NDSU was 4-1 in these games.

Five at the DII level. From 1983 to 1990, NDSU was 5-2 in the title game.

Six at the FCS DI level. 6-0 record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from the ESPN write-up of the game. I wondered what "three in college" meant, so thanks for the explanation. "Any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936)" is pretty impressive.

The Bison now have 14 national titles across all NCAA football divisions it has played in, breaking a tie for the most by any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936). They have won six in the FCS, five in D-II and three in college.

North Dakota State is now 28-2 all-time in FCS playoff games; that .933 win percentage is the best by any team in FCS history.