Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some congrats from GSU fans on GSUFANS.com

Default Re: Some congrats from GSU fans on GSUFANS.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    This is from the ESPN write-up of the game. I wondered what "three in college" meant, so thanks for the explanation. "Any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936)" is pretty impressive.

The Bison now have 14 national titles across all NCAA football divisions it has played in, breaking a tie for the most by any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936). They have won six in the FCS, five in D-II and three in college.

North Dakota State is now 28-2 all-time in FCS playoff games; that .933 win percentage is the best by any team in FCS history.
    I saw that blurb last night during the nfc wildcard game, tried to find info on it. So hard since Princeton and Alabama claim so many!?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    This is from the ESPN write-up of the game. I wondered what "three in college" meant, so thanks for the explanation. "Any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936)" is pretty impressive.

The Bison now have 14 national titles across all NCAA football divisions it has played in, breaking a tie for the most by any team across any NCAA division in the poll era (since 1936). They have won six in the FCS, five in D-II and three in college.

North Dakota State is now 28-2 all-time in FCS playoff games; that .933 win percentage is the best by any team in FCS history.
    Was trying to research this today... thanks for the info. This article in Wikipedia give you a feel for how "mythical" anything before 1936 is... The Yale and Princeton National Titles are especially weak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleg...Division_I_FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Was trying to research this today... thanks for the info. This article in Wikipedia give you a feel for how "mythical" anything before 1936 is... The Yale and Princeton National Titles are especially weak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleg...Division_I_FBS
    A lot of those teams in the past were awarded a National Championship via the polls before they played their bowl game. Somewhat embarrassing when those National Championships would go on and lose their bowl game. Determining National Champions at the highest level of college football has always been screwed up and is ingrained within its culture.
    Hail the BISON!!!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Honest question, has the triple option really become obsolete or is that just some mantra that people are reciting? The few teams that I know of that do or have run it in recent memory were good and no one really wanted to face them. How many teams run an NFL west coast power offense like NDSU?
    HOW long a post do you want me to make?

The triple option run from the wishbone is a dead deal!

The Triple Option run from the Spread Formation is as good an offense as you can get! (RUNNING ATTACK FIRST) If you really want the facts it will take me a day and 7 paragraphs on a thread!!!!

Just like you offense, if you loose its the worst, but if you win its the best.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Honest question, has the triple option really become obsolete or is that just some mantra that people are reciting? The few teams that I know of that do or have run it in recent memory were good and no one really wanted to face them. How many teams run an NFL west coast power offense like NDSU?
    You cant use Wofford as the end all to be all with the Spread. Please remember that the school only has about 2300 students!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In regards to what type of National Championships and the number won by NDSU at each level:

Three at the “College Division.” This was before DI, DII and DIII. The big schools played in the “University Division.” The winner of the College Division was determined by a final AP and UPI poll of the four regional bowl winners (ex. Pecan, Camellia, Tangerine, Grantland Rice). I believe NDSU was 4-1 in these games.

Five at the DII level. From 1983 to 1990, NDSU was 5-2 in the title game.

Six at the FCS DI level. 6-0 record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't want to look up all the NDSU stuff. D2 & FCS are the example needed!

Teacher may want to chime in & degrade my congrats though!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Post is so nice...... Must resist urge to be a giant dick......
    Resistance breaking down in 3, 2, 1 . . .
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Post is so nice...... Must resist urge to be a giant dick......
    It's ok if you're a dick. If you're a DICK, admit it and embrace what you are. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    It's ok if you're a dick. If you're a DICK, admit it and embrace what you are. ;-)
    So moral of the story is embrace the dick?

Quote Originally Posted by DBRJake View Post
    So moral of the story is embrace the dick?
    The dick is good unless you are one!