Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Default Re: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Being called good isn't an insult. If that upsets people...oh well. I'd love to see Wilson more than situational as I think he might have the most overall potential of the whole group but with all of the talent I kind of doubt he gets a major load next year.
    So the Brooks/Anderson show is not an insult to Dunn who was the starter and leads the team in touchdowns (after missing games) and was having an MVP season before the injury? What is it then? If he is just good what are Brooks/Anderson to you?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Dog Nitro View Post
    So the Brooks/Anderson show is not an insult to Dunn who was the starter and leads the team in touchdowns (after missing games) and was having an MVP season before the injury? What is it then? If he is just good what are Brooks/Anderson to you?
    Brooks is phenomenal and Bruce is better than Dunn imo. Every position on every team has guys that are better than others. It's just reality. Dunn is good and was putting op torrid numbers before his injury but when we eventually hit good teams on the schedule the "MVP season" numbers came back to reality. What were his numbers the couple games against teams with a pulse before he was hurt? From what I've seen Bruce seems to get more push and picks up more than Dunn against good defenses though they ended fairly even Saturday. I think all of our RBs are good players but if Brooks had the build for it I would run him 30 times a game.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brooks is phenomenal and Bruce is better than Dunn imo. Every position on every team has guys that are better than others. It's just reality. Dunn is good and was putting op torrid numbers before his injury but when we eventually hit good teams on the schedule the "MVP season" numbers came back to reality. What were his numbers the couple games against teams with a pulse before he was hurt? From what I've seen Bruce seems to get more push and picks up more than Dunn against good defenses though they ended fairly even Saturday. I think all of our RBs are good players but if Brooks had the build for it I would run him 30 times a game.
    Bruce improved as the season went on. At the beginning of the season, i thought Dunn showed much better vision and he looked explosive because of it as he was hitting the right holes for big yards. We played many of the "tough" teams after his injury. He had a small sample size of "tough" games. I don't recall Dunn ever looking bad this season. I think you may be suffering from recency bias as you seem to be forgetting just haw damn good Dunn looked before the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is crazy talk, Dunn is clearly our #1 going into next year with Bruce at 1A. Brooks is turning out to be special but at this point, I can't see him carrying 50% of the load and staying injury free.
    tough to stay healthy and carry it 20+ x a game at 180LBs. I think you see him around 10 carries a game when Dunn and Anderson are healthy. I say that thinking if you had a Healthy Dunn and especaily Brooks you would have seen more long runs Sat. Their stud end would not run down (from behind) Brooks and or a 100% Dunn
    Last edited by MAKBison; 01-09-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Bruce improved as the season went on. At the beginning of the season, i thought Dunn showed much better vision and he looked explosive because of it as he was hitting the right holes for big yards. We played many of the "tough" teams after his injury. He had a small sample size of "tough" games. I don't recall Dunn ever looking bad this season. I think you may be suffering from recency bias as you seem to be forgetting just haw damn good Dunn looked before the injury.
    Everyone suffers from some sort of bias but yes he didn't play against many good defenses this year and didn't do much against the good teams he faced. Massive numbers against Missisippi Valley, Robert Mortis, MSU, and ISU aren't something I base opinions off. I think it's funny how worked up some people get over opinions on a fan forum. You would think my 2018 post was a cruel doom and gloom diatribe when it was actually very positive

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    tough to stay healthy and carry it 20+ x a game at 180LBs. I think you see him around 10 carries a game when Dunn and Anderson are healthy. I say that thinking if you had a Healthy Dunn and especalit Brooks you would have seen more long runs Sat. Their stud end would not run down (from behind) Brooks and or a 100% Dunn
    I agree, Brooks made some long runs that dunn or Anderson would have had 5-10 yard games. He can just beat everyone to the edge, I wonder on the big hit dunn took if Brooks would have been gone with his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    tough to stay healthy and carry it 20+ x a game at 180LBs. I think you see him around 10 carries a game when Dunn and Anderson are healthy. I say that thinking if you had a Healthy Dunn and especalit Brooks you would have seen more long runs Sat. Their stud end would not run down (from behind) Brooks and or a 100% Dunn

He is one of those rare guys where you scoot edge of seat every time he gets the ball because of the frequency he busts off to the races
    Last edited by ZHerd; 01-09-2018 at 03:49 AM.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Everyone suffers from some sort of bias but yes he didn't play against many good defenses this year and didn't do much against the good teams he faced. Massive numbers against Missisippi Valley, Robert Mortis, MSU, and ISU aren't something I base opinions off. I think it's funny how worked up some people get over opinions on a fan forum. You would think my 2018 post was a cruel doom and gloom diatribe when it was actually very positive
    If it is any consolation, i will award you ten points for the use of the word diatribe.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    If it is any consolation, i will award you ten points for the use of the word diatribe.
    Been a while...I probably spelled it wrong and used it out of context

Been a while...I probably spelled it wrong and used it out of context
    It was a bit contradictory as used, but I’ll give you a pass.[emoji41]
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.