Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Default Re: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    We have amazing talent and depth at RB. We are quite literally discussing which 2 of our 3 All conference caliber RBs are best. Not a worthless discussion but I think we've hit the point of diminishing returns unless we want to pound our pud against that wall some more.

Anyone want to discuss the WR issue next? Do we think the TEs, RBs, and a Senior Easton can make up for our lack of WR depth and premiere talent?

What do we do in obvious passing situations and especially the 3rd and longs? (I know I know Darrius scored our big TD on 3rd and 17 in the natty). I never want to disparage our players and Darrius & Dimitri are talented and have played important roles in our championship runs. But RJ seemed to be a notch above and could fill out that #1 WR role while not being prototypical measurables. He was also INCREDIBLY durable. We also had Illies to give us that athletic TE mismatch for the passing downs. What if Watson isn't ready to contribute, or if Cain and Freeman don't take that next step. Anyone else people are excited about?

The sky isn't falling because I think the team looks great for next year but this is my biggest concern and would like to hear other, likely more knowledgeable, opinions.
    For being the #1 receiver RJ subbed out a lot this year it seemed. I think Shep can run routes and has the speed to replace RJ he just hasn't been as durable and is prone to some drops. But remember not too long ago Shep was catching absolute lasers from Wentz in a title game. One way to help the passing game is run a RB out in motion or even work out 1 or more of them as a RB/Slot combo. It would awesome to see that delta formation come into play a lot more next year with the RB we have.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    For being the #1 receiver RJ subbed out a lot this year it seemed. I think Shep can run routes and has the speed to replace RJ he just hasn't been as durable and is prone to some drops. But remember not too long ago Shep was catching absolute lasers from Wentz in a title game. One way to help the passing game is run a RB out in motion or even work out 1 or more of them as a RB/Slot combo. It would awesome to see that delta formation come into play a lot more next year with the RB we have.
    I wonder if gindof has the speed to split out wide. It would be nice to have that tall receiver who you can throw it up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I wonder if gindof has the speed to split out wide. It would be nice to have that tall receiver who you can throw it up to.
    I would think Babicz may also be an option for that type of player. A little thinner than Gindorff, and didn't he play high level high school volleyball? Should have some hops...

I'm damn excited for Gindorff though: came in at 6-6, 249, before a year with Kramer. If he has some speed, that is a matchup nightmare for any FCS linebacker/safety.

WR: Shep and Williams are solid for what we are trying to do. Freeman is what he is at this point. Hope Cain can step up big. All 4 of those guys are seniors next year. Would be nice if Christian Watson excels, 6-3 WR would be great to add to the stable of smaller guys.

Nice insights...thanks Ross

Love the work. Learn something new everytime I read them

FS is unknown but we have a lot of options in the secondary. Hayes looks like a FS. but I imagine he'll stay at CB with Allison and Wimbush as SRs. I really like Bridges getting the 2nd CB spot. Maybe Wimbush as a slot corner and short yardage guy?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's Bisonville's guess at backup QB next year? Hotchkiss or Sanders? Wasn't Sanders injured his Sr year and could be a bit of a sleeper?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    What's Bisonville's guess at backup QB next year? Hotchkiss or Sanders? Wasn't Sanders injured his Sr year and could be a bit of a sleeper?
    Both are going to be good and I would say the competition would be like Dunn and Bruce for the top RB spot when both are 100% healthy. Too close to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OK...was wondering how well Sanders was thought of as a QB...did he have any other offers? On a side note it's nice to have someone else in the Mountain Time Zone who is still awake to talk Bison Football!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!