Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Default Re: A Look Ahead to 2018 Depth

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Damn, never thought of that! wow that would be something to redshirt after they've already played significant minutes.

Do we know of any recognizable names who have done this in the past- with us or someone else??
    After leading his team to the chipper in '95, Chad Pennington redshirted the year Marshall won it all in '96 to make room for a transfer from Florida, Eric Kresser. He then played again in '97 to lead Marshall to a bowl victory their first year as a I-A team.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    FS is unknown but we have a lot of options in the secondary. Hayes looks like a FS. but I imagine he'll stay at CB with Allison and Wimbush as SRs. I really like Bridges getting the 2nd CB spot. Maybe Wimbush as a slot corner and short yardage guy?
    I think Hayes stays at cb, seemed to play well and look like a lock down guy. Plus we will need cb after next year. Right now I would say hendricks and grimsley have the inside edge as the safeties. I like the look of Tutsie as a sleeper though.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I think Hayes stays at cb, seemed to play well and look like a lock down guy. Plus we will need cb after next year. Right now I would say hendricks and grimsley have the inside edge as the safeties. I like the look of Tutsie as a sleeper though.
    Are you sure on Grimsley....I mean he's only started for 3 yrs...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    OK...was wondering how well Sanders was thought of as a QB...did he have any other offers? On a side note it's nice to have someone else in the Mountain Time Zone who is still awake to talk Bison Football!
    I believe he was highly recruited by Messingham when he as at Montana State.

With that said, the QB cupboard at NDSU is going to be pretty stacked for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I wonder if gindof has the speed to split out wide. It would be nice to have that tall receiver who you can throw it up to.
    He doesn't really. Josh Babicz does.

It will be interesting over the next year or so to see which QB recruits actually play QB, try new positions or transfer out. Talented QB prospects often make top notch position players, I think were going to see that soon.

2019 could be interesting for QB battle with Hotchkiss, Sanders, and Trey Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynastyContinues View Post
    2019 could be interesting for QB battle with Hotchkiss, Sanders, and Trey Lance.
    Already next year the battle for the backup spot will be interesting. Wide open right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I would really like Brooks to put on a few more pounds and take over the role of kickoff/punt returner. We need someone who is a game changer at that position.
    He would be special back there but I've heard he doesn't catch the ball particularly well.

Dom mentioned playing Seth Wilson at the Ryan Smith spot. He looks to have good hands and quickness so that could be interesting.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!