Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great game guys and congrats on the win

Default Great game guys and congrats on the win

JMU fan here. Obviously disappointed in the result, but the game went as i expected. an extremely intense hard fought game that went right down to the wire.

Unfortunately for us, we made way too many mistakes and you guys didn't. That was the difference.

It's a shame too many people on both sides have to boast and thump their chest and claim vast superiority over the other, when in reality, while we have both have EARNED some right to do that, we should also recognize these are the two best programs in FCS (maybe by a mile) and are mirror images of each other and very evenly matched. If we played 100 times, we'd probably both win 50.

We might take a slight dip next year (Top 10, but maybe not title worthy) but I expect in 2019 we will be fully reloaded and ready to be back in Frisco. hopefully we see you all then and we can do this all over again. It has the potential to be a great cross country rivalry with some more playoff meetings.

and it would be great if ESPN would pony up some cash and get us to play a home and home for their FCS opening weekend game in the near future. No two teams will draw a better crowd or TV ratings than the two of us. It should be a win-win for everyone.

good luck in 2018!

Default Re: Great game guys and congrats on the win

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    JMU fan here. Obviously disappointed in the result, but the game went as i expected. an extremely intense hard fought game that went right down to the wire.

Unfortunately for us, we made way too many mistakes and you guys didn't. That was the difference.

It's a shame too many people on both sides have to boast and thump their chest and claim vast superiority over the other, when in reality, while we have both have EARNED some right to do that, we should also recognize these are the two best programs in FCS (maybe by a mile) and are mirror images of each other and very evenly matched. If we played 100 times, we'd probably both win 50.

We might take a slight dip next year (Top 10, but maybe not title worthy) but I expect in 2019 we will be fully reloaded and ready to be back in Frisco. hopefully we see you all then and we can do this all over again. It has the potential to be a great cross country rivalry with some more playoff meetings.

and it would be great if ESPN would pony up some cash and get us to play a home and home for their FCS opening weekend game in the near future. No two teams will draw a better crowd or TV ratings than the two of us. It should be a win-win for everyone.

good luck in 2018!
    The game lived up to its billing. We are the two best programs by MILES. Looking forward to meeting on the gridiron again. Until then safe travels and good luck.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Do not let any of your receivers become obstetricians please. That was the main difference in the game.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

good luck in 2018!
    Based on all the sportscenter highlights (none), not sure ESPN really cares.

You get your monies worth when it comes down to the last 4 seconds of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Do not let any of your receivers become obstetricians please. That was the main difference in the game.
    The strange thing for us was, that was uncharacteristic of them. Except for Hyman, who I dont think had a pass thrown his way all game, we don’t drop the ball.

We had more flat out drops yesterday than maybe all year combined. It was very frustrating.

The strange thing for us was, that was uncharacteristic of them. Except for Hyman, who I dont think had a pass thrown his way all game, we don’t drop the ball.

We had more flat out drops yesterday than maybe all year combined. It was very frustrating.
    NDSU had your QB running. All it takes is the ball to be just a little behind, a little ahead, a not so great spiral, too high, too low, or one of a million of things that can happen when the QB has to move feet. There are very few QBs at any level who maintain accuracy while on the run.

On plays he did run, he kept his passing option open until he got to the LOS. I was really impressed with that. He had a really good feel for where he was at on the field. He didn't have much time for anything. On top of all of that, NDSU was being very difficult against the run forcing more 3rd and longs. It was a long game where situations created a lot of limitations.

That last drop was in a perfect pass. Very weird.

JMUs defense was almost flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That last drop was in a perfect pass. Very weird.

JMUs defense was almost flawless.
    From my point of view, the receiver turned his head upfield at same time the ball hit his hands. I hate that when my team does it, but ecstatic when the opposing team does it. Just a simple lack of focus at the wrong time.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep, 2 really good teams. This one will go down as a classic.

No chest thumping here.
    Only respect for 2 good programs.
    See you next year.