Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Teams - OMG!

Default Special Teams - OMG!

In the past we never kick off or punt to a great returning team who has burners and is KNOWN to be the best in that category in the nation.
    1. Kickoffs - What the hell is wrong with kicking off pooch kicks to the 20 to up backs, to the side of the field to deny the main return guys a chance?

2. Punts - I know we miss Mr. LeCompt but lets move on...... can't we punt low and away from their return guys especially if its into any wind? Low end over end kicks can work just find. WTH is going on, damn glad our Rock STar Defense denied the Dukes 5 times inside the Red Zone. UNBELIEVABLE PASSION to not quit!

3. Fake Punt - Are You kidding me? I said to my family watching the game, they are going to fake it, so why aren't we paying attention to the possibility? We did this in 2011 against SHSU almost at the same spot on the field. Man very pissed off with our Special Teams Coach! We had NO FIELD position most of the game. They had half a field, are you kidding me.....? We chose to punt to them every frickin time......? We did this to ourselves.... JMU had speedsters for return guys and its tough to tackle them when they are that athletic.

4. After all this venting, thank God that both our kicker and punter made tackles to save the very good returns that could have gone all the way....... so amen for that.

That is my only beef from this game, but it ended well. But oh so close.....maybe not...

I need a breather.

Way to hang in there boys! Another National Record broken with 6 Titles in 7 years! Never been done before.

Be Herd,
    NoDak Bisman

Default Re: Special Teams - OMG!

All year they played safe punt coverage, usually with a safety back with orders to fair catch...then 4th and 11 with nothing left to lose in the championship game we go away from it..lol, trying to give me a heart attack...all's well that ends well though

Whatever JMU saw in our punt coverage was apparently there all game. In the post game preser Houston said it was the for them from their first punt, but they wanted to save it for when they needed it. The part about they that irks me is that means we were in our base return on the fake, so I believe we were surprise by it, which is unbelievable and unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watch the replay. What appeared to be the only Bison on that side of the field turned and headed down field without a single glance at the punter. Anyone could have run for a first down on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Watch the replay. What appeared to be the only Bison on that side of the field turned and headed down field without a single glance at the punter. Anyone could have run for a first down on that play.
    This was a huge mistake by coaching staff and just goes to show what I have said many times—>just because you are a coach does not make you smart. Even the fucking announcers were talking about possible fake. HITF doesn’t One, ONE coach bring the possibility up in the headphones. Plus, it’s not like we were returning the shit out of their punts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This was a huge mistake by coaching staff and just goes to show what I have said many times—>just because you are a coach does not make you smart. Even the fucking announcers were talking about possible fake. HITF doesn’t One, ONE coach bring the possibility up in the headphones. Plus, it’s not like we were returning the shit out of their punts.

Yeah, their game management has been questionable. But just as important at this level is their ability to recruit, and they've been nailing that. Probably the reason Klieman is still here too.

We need a new punter. For Christ sake's, I can't believe we can't find someone who can kick the ball farther than 30 yards. There has to be someone currently on the team who could do better. In 2011 we didn't have a punter and we found Matt Voitlander in open tryouts. My lord he could boot the ball 60 yards and IMO played the most important role in winning the first Natty.

We should have been looking for a new punter last year.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cam needs to learn there is a difference between a 30 yrd FG and a 50 yrd FG. I mean on that blocked FG..they didn't even need to jump to get a hand on it...

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Cam needs to learn there is a difference between a 30 yrd FG and a 50 yrd FG. I mean on that blocked FG..they didn't even need to jump to get a hand on it...
    Your right, but after watching the kick, it was going to the left anyways as Cam jerked it left. Trajectory was going to be left of the FG post. Clear as day, there was not movement going right. So wouldn't of mattered.
    Funny how special teams can help you win big games or lose big games regardless how your dfense or offense plays..... It ALL Matters!

Nodak Greg, just damn glad we hung in there and beat those cocky JMU players and fans.....

Go Bison, see you all next year....

Default Special Teams - OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I swear it looked like Cam’s GASF was zero in the kick. Either it was or he was scared shitless, cuz he barely put any effort into it IMO. This was not a game for the faint of heart (pussies), and I think both Cam and Kounce fit that latter bill a bit. Man the fuck up! Even Phil commented in Kounce’s shit-tude.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.