Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    Being a Patriot fan I am surprised how many people want them to lose to any team for any reason.
    The Pat's and the Bison are at a point in history where records are being made. The ride can't last forever, but other teams will have to get better to see it end ... Tom Brady is as gifted a QB as there is and never fails to impress me. Having said that, I for one would have loved to see Tom vs Carson in the super bowl, and if Carson had pulled it off, that would have been ok with me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    its because the dont win the right way. it started when the got busted for stealing signals. They set up a camera and recorded the PBS pre game walk through....judge through out the class action LS on that one and then the nfl burned the evidence. And thats just one of many things they have done. So yeah, its not too hard to see most dont like or respect them

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    After the whole mess when Bohl left I'd also assume that Klieman would have some empathy towards one or several of his assistants weighing the decision to stay for a promotion or go with him to wherever that may be and would allow them to make that decision for themselves.
    why....he was gone with the rest of them until GT asked him to interview. Everyone forgets CK was all inline to leave with the rest of them until he wasn't. CB was pissed cuz his packaged deal was broken at the last min.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    why....he was gone with the rest of them until GT asked him to interview. Everyone forgets CK was all inline to leave with the rest of them until he wasn't. CB was pissed cuz his packaged deal was broken at the last min.
    I don't know who and exactly when Bohl's staff committed to leave with him, but it seemed almost immediately that it was a foregone conclusion among fans that the next coach was either going to be Klieman or Vigen when the WY media dude made the announcement after the game against Coastal Carolina. That foregone conclusion grew stronger when Gene Taylor said he expected to take a look at some of the coaches already on staff as strong candidates when asked the question by Kolpack.

Here the press conference from following day after beating Coastal Carolina and getting the news about Bohl's departure:

I feel it was foolish for Bohl to mad at someone to not be committed to him when he was not exactly 100% committed himself to the school and his athletes during the season, let alone playoffs.
    Hail the BISON!!!

its because the dont win the right way. it started when the got busted for stealing signals. They set up a camera and recorded the PBS pre game walk through....judge through out the class action LS on that one and then the nfl burned the evidence. And thats just one of many things they have done. So yeah, its not too hard to see most dont like or respect them
    That's right .. forgot that Tom Brady was personally recording plays with the camera when he wasn't on the field playing the game ... or nothing like that .... imho .. [emoji4]

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

[QUOTE=BisonHorns;1262819]
    Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't think the intent was injury. The intent was they were not going to stop because they had the block dialed up. I think they believed if they went all out at JK with no regard for pulling up, they had a extraordinary chance of blocking it. Worse case was the 15 yards, which was minimal risk. I didn't mean to suggest they were out to injury him. That was an unintended consequence that worked out pretty well for them for the rest of the game.

It was maybe unintended but they knew the possibility that hitting a defenseless kicker with two players could hurt him. It is pretty similar to targeting in that you can claim you werent trying to hurt someone but you made a move that does.
    What the camera didn't show on the field was those two thugs laughing and slapping each other's hand in joy while Koontz was on the ground in pain ... people can try to defend what they want, but I will go with what I saw with my own eyes ... I told those 2 JMU fellows sitting next to me how that was a couple punks who pulled some chicken s#it stunt like that ... they should eject thugs like that.

That isn't close to being defendable.

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

That's right .. forgot that Tom Brady was personally recording plays with the camera when he wasn't on the field playing the game ... or nothing like that .... imho .. [emoji4]

I think he was giving just one example, so why bring it back to Brady being directly involved?

There are certainly a lot of other examples of activities where Brady was involved.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

the question was why folks root against the pats.....i answered why and provided 1 example (could have given several) of them bending the rules. fact is their SB run/ dynasty will include an asterisk. It is really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I don't know who and exactly when Bohl's staff committed to leave with him, but it seemed almost immediately that it was a foregone conclusion among fans that the next coach was either going to be Klieman or Vigen when the WY media dude made the announcement after the game against Coastal Carolina. That foregone conclusion grew stronger when Gene Taylor said he expected to take a look at some of the coaches already on staff as strong candidates when asked the question by Kolpack.

Here the press conference from following day after beating Coastal Carolina and getting the news about Bohl's departure:

I feel it was foolish for Bohl to mad at someone to not be committed to him when he was not exactly 100% committed himself to the school and his athletes during the season, let alone playoffs.
    he was mad because the negotiation with WY was for the full staff...especially the D coaches. I think folks are kidding themselves if they dont think CK was involved in those conversations. GT simply through a Monkey wrench into their plan. thankfully CK wanted to be head man over The cowboys D coordinator. He seen the op and took it......good for him, good for us, bad for cb.

That depends on who you believe. From what I've heard Klieman said he never told Bohl he was going with him only that he would consider it whereas Bohl thought that Klieman had given him his word that he was going with him. Regardless, it's selfish of a head coach to pressure an assistant against what's in that assistant's best interest when the head coach moves on and wants his whole staff to come with him. Sometimes good coaches are good because they're selfish but Klieman doesn't strike me as cut from that same cloth as Bohl.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That depends on who you believe. From what I've heard Klieman said he never told Bohl he was going with him only that he would consider it whereas Bohl thought that Klieman had given him his word that he was going with him. Regardless, it's selfish of a head coach to pressure an assistant against what's in that assistant's best interest when the head coach moves on and wants his whole staff to come with him. Sometimes good coaches are good because they're selfish but Klieman doesn't strike me as cut from that same cloth as Bohl.
    I would fully expect Klieman agreed to go. What else would he do until he got offered the HC job? If he didn't accept, he could be out a job altogether.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]