Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Unreal. Had someone said that we wouldn't score in the 2nd half and win the title I would have laughed. Crazy game. Crazy ending. I need a nap. But it's great to reclaim the throne!

I thought MVP should have went to Tuszka. Doesn't matter as we all know that NDSU doesn't care about individual awards. It's that large trophy that motivates them. Great year, can't wait for next season to start!

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Congrats to the Bison.
    It was clear that both defenses were superior to the opponent’s offense and the Bison forced 3 game changing turnovers. You can argue whether the Stapleton strip was a fumble or not, but the refs called it a fumble and did not overturn it after replay video evidence so that means it was a fumble.

It looks like NDSU held JMU to a season low in yards and points.
    It looks like JMU held NDSU to a season low in yards and points.

The two defenses were just as billed which made for a great game of old school football.
    Perhaps the Dukes can make a return trip next year and play a cleaner game in a rematch.
    I keep seeing this, but you can't argue the Stapleton fumble. You can argue it should've been confirmed vs stands, but the second the defenders arm touched the ball it moved and his knee was 15" above the ground. It was a fumble no question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yup, defenses were both strong today, but Bison managed to disrupt Schor and his receivers for all but the end of the first half. Bison O made a few mistakes, but also produced the big TD and enough first downs in the 2nd half to give the D a breath or 2. Messingham did not call as good a game as I hoped for. Seemed as if we went away from something after it worked twice. Anyway, congrats to the team for a great season, helluva accomplishment..

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really think someone on the defense should have gotten the MVP. Stick did get some critical runs though.

Bridges looks like the real deal out there.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The better team lost today. The better program won.
    Dumbest f-ing post of the century! Why diminish the accomplishment?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...11#post1501111

look at this fucking moron.

I want the Gophers to do good..but I would never admit to that.

Lol. They’ve lost 11games last two years. To get to NDSU 11th loss you’d need to go back to oct 16 2010. Lmao guess they like watching losing football more than winning football.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Lol. They’ve lost 11games last two years. To get to NDSU 11th loss you’d need to go back to oct 16 2010. Lmao guess they like watching losing football more than winning football.

But they play for an axe, a jug and bottom 1/2 of the conference every year so they have that going for them. Oh, and they recruit the best salesman for HC positions.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    My Thoughts? We Won!!!! Nothing else to say...
    This. Go Bison

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This was a matchup of two great defenses with good offense. I don't get y people say we were outplayed. Neither offense could get much going and the defenses were the reason. If it wasn't for our shitty special teams and them starting with great field position we probably don't give up 13 points. We made enough plays to win

Now that my heart rate has returned to somewhat normal, my post-game impressions are that the defense was awesome, the offense was very average and the special teams sucked ass. Derrek Tuszka played the game of his life. Marquise Bridges is going to be a sensational corner. Nate Tanguay gets an enormous INT in his final game as a Bison – nice way for the big man to go out. Even though the defense was put in terrible field positions time and time again, they came through in a big way -- that has to be one of the best defensive performances in NDSU history. Code Green rules.

The offense didn't do a lot. I was disappointed that the Bison went away from the running game, particularly when they had some success. The Bison picked up 6 or 7 yards on first down on at least two occasions but then went to a second down pass that resulted in a sack of Stick or an incompletion. Why not pound the rock there? Easton had some opportunities to run the ball when the pocket protection broke down but didn’t take them. I was starting to get SDSU flashbacks where Messingham went away from the run game for the passing game too soon with terrible results. When the Bison did try and pass, where were the quick passes to the tight ends today? I only remember two catches, one by Wentz and one by Ellefson – am I missing any? Overall, it was an uneven performance by the offense today, but they won time of possession, which was huge. They did enough to win, and they did just that – win.

It’s hard to say anything positive about the special teams – they were absolutely atrocious. Was Jackson Koonce injured on the roughing the punter call in the first quarter? All of his punts were short (even shorter than usual) and not very high. James Madison was able to make huge returns - where was the kick coverage? Bad punts and worse coverage. The Bison gave up a first down on an 4th down run by the JMU punter -- that was an obvious time for a fake, and the Bison special teams were caught completely napping. Seriously?? Not expecting a fake there? On top of that, JMU blocks a Bison field goal. The Bison special teams were owned today and if it wasn't for the defense coming up big, they would have cost the Bison the title.

Post-game, I’m also thinking how incredible it is to be an NDSU Bison football fan. Seven straight MVFC titles. Eight straight appearances in the FCS semi-finals. An unprecedented six FCS National Championships in seven years. Fourteen National Championships overall. What a ride! The memories just keep mounting up… Thank you, Bison!