Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think due to their location they will always have at least a handful of transfers, but definitely agree they need a strong developmental program if they want to maintain their status among the top teams in the FCS.
    We've added 2 more UVA transfers, but bear in mind we have a position coach that recruited most of those UVA defensive players when he was on that staff. After this year, I suspect those UVA transfers will dry up. On D right now we'll likely have 4 starters from UVA, including 3 D-linemen. The real question is what the heck is Bronco doing at UVA to run off all of his young starters on D?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    We've added 2 more UVA transfers, but bear in mind we have a position coach that recruited most of those UVA defensive players when he was on that staff. After this year, I suspect those UVA transfers will dry up. On D right now we'll likely have 4 starters from UVA, including 3 D-linemen. The real question is what the heck is Bronco doing at UVA to run off all of his young starters on D?
    Were they really starters? I'm not going to waste my time looking into it but I have a hard time believe that multiple starts for UVA have/are transferring to JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Were they really starters? I'm not going to waste my time looking into it but I have a hard time believe that multiple starts for UVA have/are transferring to JMU.
    Yes, at least partly. Landon Word, for example, started 6 games his FR year. The 2 kids that transferred this year were actually more highly regarded than the 2 from last year, the Moye kid apparently started 9 games for them this past season. However, they suck so it's not surprising a bunch of young kids were starting. They would not have been starters at VT.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Read that the Pitt QB transfer is already enrolled at JMU. I briefly looked at his stats, can't say I was impressed. Any scuttlebutt on him?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Read that the Pitt QB transfer is already enrolled at JMU. I briefly looked at his stats, can't say I was impressed. Any scuttlebutt on him?
    For some reason everyone seems to be of the impression the QB competition comes down to this kid (Ben Dinucci) and the RFr Gage Maloney (former South Carolina Mr. Football), while completely discounting the JR heir apparent Cole Johnson. Dinucci and Maloney are similar in stature, both about 6'2" and incline to run as much as throw (and therefore similar to Schor). Johnson is an enigma to us, he's 6'5" but slight at 210 lbs, and more of a pocket passer. The previous staff under Withers loved him, speculation was if that staff had remained that Johnson would have started over Schor. I have to think familiarity with the offense gives the advantage to Johnson and Maloney over the Pitt transfer, but I also know that at least some of the OL were very excited about the prospect of Dinucci. The last P5 QB transfer we got didn't work out, but the one before that was Vad Lee out of GT who turned out to be a great player. I don't think Dinucci is a shoe-in at all, and if Johnson could add another 10-15 lbs in the weight room then he'd be the heir apparent. I agree, he stats and tape I've seen on Dinucci don't make me think it's his job to lose by any stretch. If he does win, I look to have the other 2 QBs leave.

Yeah, that's too many QBs to have hanging around, we turn our excess QBs into LBs, FWIW. Not likely a kid who's spent 3 years(?) in the program will all of a sudden start adding muscle weight. Beer gut weight, maybe. Schor was such a special player, replacing him must be job #1for Houston.

Took a look-see over on Delaware's forum...apparently they have a disdain for JMU and believe there is something fishy about our program and our success. Quite entertaining...

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23353

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Took a look-see over on Delaware's forum...apparently they have a disdain for JMU and believe there is something fishy about our program and our success. Quite entertaining...

Thought I saw Christian Watson driving a Lamborghini around campus last week. Where's my purple button?

Duck Felaware! Condescending twits, almost as bad as UR fans.

interesting. No one ever talks about the Bison that way except maybe that guy from Montana. What happened to him?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans