Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Maryland hires JMU coach

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news...ed-to-maryland

Also will coach OL for the Terrapins
    Hurts, but saw this one coming. Word is we were only hanging on to him after VT let him go because he needed 2 more years in the VRS (Virginia Retirement System - for state employees) to be fully vested/max benefit. His 2 years are in, and now he's off. Great recruiter, well-known and well-liked in HS coaching circles. We'll be ok, will be interesting to see 1) who fills his shoes, and 2)can they maintain the recruiting and development of our o-line that Stinespring had. This is one you can't afford to whiff on, but I trust Houston immensely.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    "We just came up on the short end of the stick."
    I'm starting to like Mike Houston.

I met tons s of JMU fans at the game, tail gating and at the bars. All good people and very polite. I'd be fine if it was us versus them every year for the title.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    During the fake punt...it looked like Grimsley was the only guy that realized what was happening...was pursuing but a big dude turned his head and caught Robbie good. Tough to see on TV, but in person it was nasty. Happened right in front of us (1st row, behind the Bison bench) as did the big hit on Dunn.
    I saw that and Grimsley ran right into that guy. Thought he would have been going to the right of the guy to avoid him in order to get to the punter.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I met tons s of JMU fans at the game, tail gating and at the bars. All good people and very polite. I'd be fine if it was us versus them every year for the title.
    My question is who will be the next team in the MVFC conference to step up? I think SDSU's run is done and they will fall back to being a fringe PO team again (Yes, know TC is back, but think his receivers made him better than he is). USD is cooked without their all world QB. Youngstown? Illinois St?

Reason I am asking is I think any other challenger to the Bison will likely be from our own conference since I have zero faith in the Big Fluffy or CAA anymore.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My question is who will be the next team in the MVFC conference to step up? I think SDSU's run is done and they will fall back to being a fringe PO team again (Yes, know TC is back, but think his receivers made him better than he is). USD is cooked without their all world QB. Youngstown? Illinois St?

Reason I am asking is I think any other challenger to the Bison will likely be from our own conference since I have zero faith in the Big Fluffy or CAA anymore.
    Even after the slobberknocker we just experienced with JMU? I think it was MNlonghorn who said it's NDSU, maybe a CAA team(JMU?) and a big gap to everybody else in the FCS. That is a true statement until proven otherwise, which could be a long, long time from now. We definitely need more parity in FCS.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think SDSU is done, but I think this year's playoff results are a setback for them. I look for Illinois State to rise again. I think Spack has made some good moves on his staff this off-season.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I need to see how JMU is able to handle graduating the talent that they will before I put them in the conversation for next year. I know they've got a good coaching staff and they've had success in recruiting but I guess I'm a bit cautious in crowning them. Time will tell.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Looks fine to me. Not sure what you could have done differently or better. But will have to analyze the "tape" to be sure.
    That method definitely creates less of a mess than theirs.

UNI. Farely's super secret signing day is some type of evil mater plan.