Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Congrats to a great team. Full of heart. Nothing got in their way. NEVER had we had that many injuries to that many critical pieces. Losing our Left Tackle 15 plays into the year. Our STAR DE prior to the year. Losing all the running backs. Three starting LB's lost a lot of time or their season. Corners went down. Not just injuries, MAJOR injuries. We reload. Recruiting is the key. This staff has killed it. Some schools complain about adversity. We thrived on it. This ring is special. We have never had to overcome so much! WELL DONE BISON NATION!!!!!
    All of this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, I am not getting the outrage. First play, yes, was a blown call. This one is clearly unclear; about all you can say. AND there is a chance an official had a better view than us (folks always forget that). They even have morons over on their board saying they are the better team. I was like WTF?
    The word "fortunate" is getting tossed around a lot there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This trip to Frisco was different than the years before for me. Experience wise. I sat next to a JMU fan on my flight into Dallas and she was really nice and it was all good. From that point in my trip onward it was full of JMU fan interactions were every single interaction after that one was filled with cocky and downright cringe worthy smack talk. It wasn't even good smack talk, it was them being downright dicks. However, there was a couple groups of JMU students I tailgated with for a bit that were pretty chill. If I had to rate my overall interactions with HMU fans down there, it was definitely the worst of the teams we have played. Each fanbase has those fans that ruin it for others so I get it. Just talking about my experience.

Funny thing is, after the game, they were quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The word "fortunate" is getting tossed around a lot there.
    Bet no ones actually caught it yet though.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I did like how they had 0 INT's at the end. Their DB's are very good no doubt. Our WR converted to corner and true freshman held their own and did just as good of a job. I was very impressed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I did like how they had 0 INT's at the end. Their DB's are very good no doubt. Our WR converted to corner and true freshman held their own and did just as good of a job. I was very impressed with that.
    If I recall correctly they dropped a couple of those too (although I think it was due to our receivers getting a hand on the ball also). I remember one specifically if RJ hadn't turned into a CB could easily been a pick six.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Congrats to a great team. Full of heart. Nothing got in their way. NEVER had we had that many injuries to that many critical pieces. Losing our Left Tackle 15 plays into the year. Our STAR DE prior to the year. Losing all the running backs. Three starting LB's lost a lot of time or their season. Corners went down. Not just injuries, MAJOR injuries. We reload. Recruiting is the key. This staff has killed it. Some schools complain about adversity. We thrived on it. This ring is special. We have never had to overcome so much! WELL DONE BISON NATION!!!!!
    What he said.

I know at lot of us have complained about the special teams play and various other gripes, but when you take a step back and look at the big picture, Burgundy hits the nail on the head. This program is something special, I knew it when I was sitting in the stands of Dakota field back in the 80's and it still holds true today.

Thanks Burgundy for pointing out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I would support JMU's claim that had their receivers not dropped five balls in the first half this may have been a much different game. But, where does that end? I would have preferred NDSU ran a four-down offense vs. punting at all.
    I re-watched the first half last night and yes, JMU did drop several balls. However, not all of those were good passes. NDSU got a lot of pressure on Schor and as a result he floated some passes, passed low on others, and had in general some bad timing. NDSU also had good coverage for the most part (I know there were a few wide-opens that got missed), and got their hands in between a lot of passes and got on top of a lot of receivers right at the time their hands hit the ball. I came away from that game initially "feeling" that we got lucky and JMU just had mistakes. But after re-watching the first half, I am of firm belief that NDSU had a lot more to do with those "mistakes" than I first perceived watching the game live.
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I thought Deluca was the spy on Schor on that play?
    Was definitely 42.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonEngrGirl View Post
    I re-watched the first half last night and yes, JMU did drop several balls. However, not all of those were good passes. NDSU got a lot of pressure on Schor and as a result he floated some passes, passed low on others, and had in general some bad timing. NDSU also had good coverage for the most part (I know there were a few wide-opens that got missed), and got their hands in between a lot of passes and got on top of a lot of receivers right at the time their hands hit the ball. I came away from that game initially "feeling" that we got lucky and JMU just had mistakes. But after re-watching the first half, I am of firm belief that NDSU had a lot more to do with those "mistakes" than I first perceived watching the game live.
    And most importantly I don't really care what JMU fans think. We have all been on the other side of "What IF" and the minute the game is over, ITS OVER! NDSU BISON 2018' FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! I recall a JMU beat writer last week noting that in the past six years only two teams have claimed FCS dominance, NDSU and JMU. Seriously, JMU was putting themselves in the old "Only two dominant teams in the past six year" Category, One title and Dynasty comparisons???? That was LAME!