Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    JMU's defense thrives on a liberal interpretation of holding/PI.
    The way our defense plays, we prefer a more "liberal interpretation" as well.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The way our defense plays, we prefer a more "liberal interpretation" as well.
    to a man, we play way more off the receivers than they do. They mug almost the entire route.

Someone noticed that we started doing that to Stapleton late in the game because they weren't calling it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This is the clear take away here. Not enough evidence either way to overturn a call. I get why JMU fans are mad, Id probably be mad too if it went the other way. But for all the complaining about the officiating from them. Only one clear mistake made by the officials in my book and that was the first play of the game.

Make all the what ifs you want. Even if ruled a catch only gave them the ball around midfield and not like they were moving the ball all that well even from there. Maybe they get a TD maybe Schor throws a pick 6. The hypotheticals go both ways.
    Yeah, I am not getting the outrage. First play, yes, was a blown call. This one is clearly unclear; about all you can say. AND there is a chance an official had a better view than us (folks always forget that). They even have morons over on their board saying they are the better team. I was like WTF?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, I am not getting the outrage. First play, yes, was a blown call. This one is clearly unclear; about all you can say. AND there is a chance an official had a better view than us (folks always forget that). They even have morons over on their board saying they are the better team. I was like WTF?
    They are a good team and were one play away from winning, but NDSU had more yardage and TOP even while losing the field position battle by a wide margin. Not sure how they can claim they are better.

Congrats to a great team. Full of heart. Nothing got in their way. NEVER had we had that many injuries to that many critical pieces. Losing our Left Tackle 15 plays into the year. Our STAR DE prior to the year. Losing all the running backs. Three starting LB's lost a lot of time or their season. Corners went down. Not just injuries, MAJOR injuries. We reload. Recruiting is the key. This staff has killed it. Some schools complain about adversity. We thrived on it. This ring is special. We have never had to overcome so much! WELL DONE BISON NATION!!!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I don't think there is much separating these two teams. Both defenses are great and I would say our offenses are also good but our might have a slight advantage. Their specials teams is the only advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Congrats to a great team. Full of heart. Nothing got in their way. NEVER had we had that many injuries to that many critical pieces. Losing our Left Tackle 15 plays into the year. Our STAR DE prior to the year. Losing all the running backs. Three starting LB's lost a lot of time or their season. Corners went down. Not just injuries, MAJOR injuries. We reload. Recruiting is the key. This staff has killed it. Some schools complain about adversity. We thrived on it. This ring is special. We have never had to overcome so much! WELL DONE BISON NATION!!!!!
    Is it safe to say playing in the MVFC is a war of attrition?

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Their backside pursuit was something magical. Never seen teams do that so consistently. Several plays looked like a huge hole was open but before the RB could turn upfield someone from the backside came and made the tackle.

ya grimsley got laid out on that hit. But moreland also got laid out by on an offensive lineman and to add insult to injury Stick jumped over him hahaha.

To anyone watch the postgame presser i laughed pretty good when Klieman called out who i think was Kolpack about not knowing Brooks had shoulder surgery before christmas.
    I mentioned this in a another thread. When we lined up in power, one of their corners would immediately crash down on our tailback, negating what appeared would be a decent play for positive yardage. I don't know why we didn't make them pay for that. We could easily have made them pay for that simply by throwing the ball over the head of the blitzing corner to a wide open receiver, or fake the handoff to the fullback and throw the ball to the tailback on the flat that the corner just left wide open while the receiver goes downfield to block the safety who is supposed to cover for the blitzing corner.

If I could see on TV, not sure how the offensive coaches missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    His closing speed on Schor on that last pass was phenomenal. Made him rush the throw and just toss it up.
    I thought Deluca was the spy on Schor on that play?

Default JMU Post Game Thoughts.

In my opinion, either that play was a fumble or an incomplete pass as it was fairly clear the WR didn't maintain possession of the ball to the ground. I'm not sure the technical phrase for it and I'll let IndyBison explain it better if he wants, but I don’t believe that play gets called a catch. Well, at least, by NFL rules where catches are not catches anymore.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 01-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!