Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Always finding negativity....typical Bisonville.
    Did you check out the game day thread? I read it on the way back. My goodness.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Did you check out the game day thread? I read it on the way back. My goodness.....

I haven't. And won't. Those threads are the worst.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Koonce's punting was poor, to say the least. However, watching the replay if he doesn't make the tackle in the 1st quarter when JMU return man busts loose, looks to me like the guy scores a TD. Closest guy after Koonce was one of our linemen.
    I watched game when I got home and noticed when he got roughed on that punt, he felt for his hamstring on his plant leg...so yeah, I believe he was hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    The better team lost today. The better program won.

This comment was in reference to the comments made by the announcers last year. Their comment was "
    The better team won today but the better program lost".

I also had a question...was Stick's last play which lost (from the 34 yd line to the 8) 26 yards count against our rushing total? If so, we rushed for 160 yards without that give away play. Also their fake punt resulted in a 24 yard gain and was counted as rushing yardage. Without that play, JM rushed for 69 yards total...pretty pathetic. And their all-world transfer from Georgia Tech had 11 rushes for 30 yards.
    Yes it went as a team rush for -27 yards. So bison realy had 161 yards on 47 rushes. Bison run d was awesome. Linebackers were everywhere

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Belated congratulations to the Bison coaches and players. The defense was the MVP but just a great, grity, gutsy team win. The JMU defense was outstanding but NDSU's was even better. Even with all of the poor field position they just stopped them cold or took the ball away. It wasn't JMU being careless with the football, it was very skillful, agressive defense flat taking it from them. Great win against a truly excellent FBS Top 20 quality opponent

Congratulations, Bison! Awesome game. I don't feel bad losing to you guys because these two programs are the clearly head and shoulders above the rest of FCS. We lost to not only the better team yesterday, but to a class program with awesome fans.

The game was also a fraternity reunion for me. I saw bros I hadn't seen in 39 years. So, uh, you might say we didn't pace ourselves properly and were not quite three sheets to the wind at kickoff, but at least two. Thus, I have not had time or attention to analyze the game in review.

Our offense cost us the game. If you recall, I was on this board early in the year and started a thread on what I was calling complacency on the part of our offense. Our O-line was pretty miserable yesterday, but a lot of it was your D was making our O-line look miserable.

We had Bison fans around us in the stadium. My wife was making friends with all of them, exchanging email addresses, facebook addresses, etc. We have several invites to come to North Dakota and visit them. I have a cousin who is the sheriff of a small town up there, so we may very well stop in and check out Fargo.

Again, congratulations! You da' best!

You can knock off a trip to podunk NoDak/Fargo next year when JMU comes back to #1 NDSU as an 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Klieman needs to get a real punter and emphasize special teams more. We are seriously lacking there and have been since he took over. It'll cost us one of these years. This is one thing Bohl took seriously for a reason, I'm surprised Klieman didn't learn that from him.
    Yeah, I saw some really fast aggressive dudes from JMU on defense and special teams. They were great and we need to get better on special teams.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Felt like NCAA made some changes to address some of the complaining we've heard from opposing fanbases. One being the increased university allotments which limits our ability to buyout a larger majority through the summer public ticket release. PA guy also really dialed down the "that's another Bison" for the first downs. It was so quick the "first down move those chains" reply couldn't be timed right.

Oh well, adapt and adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Yup. It would be interesting to see how perfect their lives are.