Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Koonce's punting was poor, to say the least. However, watching the replay if he doesn't make the tackle in the 1st quarter when JMU return man busts loose, looks to me like the guy scores a TD. Closest guy after Koonce was one of our linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    It's not just the punter!!!!!! our special teams nearly cost us the game !!!!! We need to fucking make it a priority period or it will screw us in the end!!! absolutely rediculous today!!!
    The end of what? The season? I'm pretty sure that was yesterday. Relax, enjoy the National Championship the Bison just won. That's the End. Not a conference championship, not a regional, not a state, a National Championship. Best coaching staff in the nation, they'll fix it.

Always finding negativity....typical Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    is Deluca-Board-Cox the new GOAT linebacker trio?
    Against the run, yes.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Against the run, yes.
    They play Board made on Marshall on the screen on their final drive was phenomenal. Cut through the blockers and made a one-on-one tackle. That play had yards if it wasn’t for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Watch the Bridges interception I noticed it during the game. The JMU receiver looks back and keeps pointing to Bridges, he wasn't looking at the ref with the "I am up on the line motion" he was looking at Shor, The receiver then took his other hand and went to his facemask and Shor instantly reached for his face. The thing is when our DB jumped up and pressed we played a lot on the inside shoulder and we were more heads up to a bit outside on that one and the receiver instantly started signaling. Then Bridges allowed the inside move without a jam at all but instantly was jumping into the receivers hip pocket. To me it looks like we saw something on film and Bridges baited them all the way. It was a defensive play of beauty.
    Bridges credited the coaches for that interception. What you say is likely what they instructed him to do and he pulled it off brilliantly.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Rewatched the game,
    1. I believe they were told to hit the kicker on that first punt. Both players go right into Koonce's legs. Looks dirty.
    2. How many noise makers did their crowd have? You can hear a bunch of them when NDSU is on offense, none when JMU are on offense.
    3. JMU had amazing field position and could not get touchdowns. If you cant score there you dont deserve to be champions.
    4.Code Green has the rest of the FCS nervous about next year already.
    5. This is the first year I didnt go to Texas. That will never be the case again.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Upon first glance, I though Easton fumbled when he got hit. Watched the play again and he held on until his back hit ground and after ball got ripped out. Fumble?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bridges credited the coaches for that interception. What you say is likely what they instructed him to do and he pulled it off brilliantly.
    Nice!!! Didn't hear that. Chess against checkers, Chess against checkers

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The better team lost today. The better program won.

This comment was in reference to the comments made by the announcers last year. Their comment was "
    The better team won today but the better program lost".

I also had a question...was Stick's last play which lost (from the 34 yd line to the 8) 26 yards count against our rushing total? If so, we rushed for 160 yards without that give away play. Also their fake punt resulted in a 24 yard gain and was counted as rushing yardage. Without that play, JM rushed for 69 yards total...pretty pathetic. And their all-world transfer from Georgia Tech had 11 rushes for 30 yards.