Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

I love the Goophers. They are such easy targets.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The better team lost today. The better program won.
    I don't understand the need to minimize achievements. If they were the better team, they would have scored more than 13 points.

The best defense won today. Period.

Bison just win.

Koonce was hurt.

Best team and program won today.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    Now that my heart rate has returned to somewhat normal, my post-game impressions are that the defense was awesome, the offense was very average and the special teams sucked ass. Derrek Tuszka played the game of his life. Marquise Bridges is going to be a sensational corner. Nate Tanguay gets an enormous INT in his final game as a Bison – nice way for the big man to go out. Even though the defense was put in terrible field positions time and time again, they came through in a big way -- that has to be one of the best defensive performances in NDSU history. Code Green rules.

The offense didn't do a lot. I was disappointed that the Bison went away from the running game, particularly when they had some success. The Bison picked up 6 or 7 yards on first down on at least two occasions but then went to a second down pass that resulted in a sack of Stick or an incompletion. Why not pound the rock there? Easton had some opportunities to run the ball when the pocket protection broke down but didn’t take them. I was starting to get SDSU flashbacks where Messingham went away from the run game for the passing game too soon with terrible results. When the Bison did try and pass, where were the quick passes to the tight ends today? I only remember two catches, one by Wentz and one by Ellefson – am I missing any? Overall, it was an uneven performance by the offense today, but they won time of possession, which was huge. They did enough to win, and they did just that – win.

It’s hard to say anything positive about the special teams – they were absolutely atrocious. Was Jackson Koonce injured on the roughing the punter call in the first quarter? All of his punts were short (even shorter than usual) and not very high. James Madison was able to make huge returns - where was the kick coverage? Bad punts and worse coverage. The Bison gave up a first down on an 4th down run by the JMU punter -- that was an obvious time for a fake, and the Bison special teams were caught completely napping. Seriously?? Not expecting a fake there? On top of that, JMU blocks a Bison field goal. The Bison special teams were owned today and if it wasn't for the defense coming up big, they would have cost the Bison the title.

Plus there was only 3 minuted left to play. They had NO reason to punt. The Dline should have maintained the LOS. I just cant believe the coaches let this happen.

Post-game, I’m also thinking how incredible it is to be an NDSU Bison football fan. Seven straight MVFC titles. Eight straight appearances in the FCS semi-finals. An unprecedented six FCS National Championships in seven years. Fourteen National Championships overall. What a ride! The memories just keep mounting up… Thank you, Bison!
    JMU is fast. We would of had some really nice runs but we were getting caught on the backside from the pursuit.

All of the dropped passes by JMU were hard to understand. They were a gift.

But all in all we beat a very fine team. They were also very well coached.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

99Bison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here’s one garbage pic per request:

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Here’s one garbage pic per request:
    That stupid confetti was blowing across the screen on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I don't understand the need to minimize achievements. If they were the better team, they would have scored more than 13 points.

The best defense won today. Period.

Bison just win.
    One thing is certain: If NDSU had five possessions start in JMU's side of the field, NDSU would have scored more than 13 points.

And the punting thing is a team failure. Poor protection, poor coverage, poor punts. Just getting a new punter isn't going to fix that.

Bonus factoid: Marshall made it to the FCS playoffs 8 times, just like the Bison have so far. They also made it to the championship game 6 out of those 8 times, just like the Bison. Of course, they didn't win all those championships so that's where the likeness ends.
    Last edited by tony; 01-06-2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: tired

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    One this is certain: If NDSU had five possessions start in JMU's side of the field, NDSU would have scored more than 13 points.

And the punting thing is a team failure. Poor protection, poor coverate, poor punts. Just getting a new punter isn't going to fix that.

Bonus factoid: Marshall made it to the FCS playoffs 8 times, just like the Bison have so far. They also made it to the championship game 6 out of those 8 times, just like the Bison. Of course, they didn't win all those championships so that's where the likeness ends.
    Somebody mentioned somewhere yesterday that some of the starters were going to play special teams. Did that happen? I didn't see any of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    That stupid confetti was blowing across the screen on TV.
    Does anyone know if security even looked very hard for the streamers, or even did anything to those who threw them. Or was it all hype in order to try to curb the issue without actually doing anything to try to prevent it.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

b
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Don’t want to take anything away from Stick but they couldn’t find someone on that defense to give the MVP to?
    Couldn't Agree more. Our Front 7 on Dfense were the difference, Our speed with Cox, and #91 d-end forgot his name played super! In Big Games with equal teams, defense usually wins it not the offense, " Defense wins Championships" is still true. Not Stats.
    Very few Bison players were given honors in the FCS America Teams.....sad to say it t=but its us verses the rest of the FCS and ESPN world. We are now the Patriots of the NFL. Most envied, jealous. I love it! So proud of the heart to get it back from 2016.
    Tuff game, find a way to win, that's it baby!

Be Herd, Goooo Bison, FCS Champs again!
    NoDak Greg