Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

I've been thinking about this since we started talking about it a couple weeks ago. I like Conor Riley. I saw him getting fired up with Klieman on an obvious hold by JMU early in the game. He's legit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    If Klieman left...I wonder if we would keep one of the current staff as head coach. Entz or Hedberg? Not sure if Hedberg would even want it...but he was a head coach before. Would think he could do a good job with NDSU's resources vs what he had at St Cloud St years ago. But, I'm guessing he doesn't want the headache of head coach anymore...but enjoys being back home in ND. I would have to think Entz would stay for a HC position if offered.
    After the whole mess when Bohl left I'd also assume that Klieman would have some empathy towards one or several of his assistants weighing the decision to stay for a promotion or go with him to wherever that may be and would allow them to make that decision for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    If Klieman left...I wonder if we would keep one of the current staff as head coach. Entz or Hedberg? Not sure if Hedberg would even want it...but he was a head coach before. Would think he could do a good job with NDSU's resources vs what he had at St Cloud St years ago. But, I'm guessing he doesn't want the headache of head coach anymore...but enjoys being back home in ND. I would have to think Entz would stay for a HC position if offered.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tyler Roehl is head coaching material. And no, he's still not too young to be considered. Sean McVay, the coach of the L.A. Rams, is only five days older than Tyler.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I've been thinking about this since we started talking about it a couple weeks ago. I like Conor Riley. I saw him getting fired up with Klieman on an obvious hold by JMU early in the game. He's legit.
    I saw him dancing at the Holiday Inn bar one time several years ago. Let's just say he should stick to coaching OL!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Didn't Klieman say after the game that they LOST the battle for field position?
    I said "try"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tyler Roehl is head coaching material. And no, he's still not too young to be considered. Sean McVay, the coach of the L.A. Rams, is only five days older than Tyler.
    Ah, would we want at least someone with OC or DC experience at the FCS level?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Roehl needs to leave to be the head coach at NDSU. He needs to get into another program, become a successful OC, and then come back to NDSU to be a head coach.

McVay would not have become head coach of the Redskins if it were open. Even though he did work his way up to successful coordinator, he would of had to leave to move up any further. Respect is difficult to earn from every level. Above and below you in any position. I think NDSU respects Roehl very much but there is a different level for the head coach. The relationship dynamic does change from position coach to head coach. You have gone from mid-management to executive level leadership. It is hard enough doing that without trying to re-establish relationships. I do know there are successful examples, I also know there are multiple failures for each of those examples of success.

Grew up with ty, so impressed with the man he has become but in no way is he ready to be considered head coach material.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    How long are we going to have Matt Entz around? His defenses have been lights out since he got here. Sure Coach K has alot to do with it but it's been his show for a while and there has not been any drop off. Somebody is going to come around and offer him a shot somewhere soon, right?
    I don’t think the 2014 defense was lights out, solid, but the “worst” defense of the four he has coached. Other than that I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    How long are we going to have Matt Entz around? His defenses have been lights out since he got here. Sure Coach K has alot to do with it but it's been his show for a while and there has not been any drop off. Somebody is going to come around and offer him a shot somewhere soon, right?
    Entz is the one guy I could see leaving to another DC position to show he can call a defense on his own. Just about every season has started out with Entz having a lot of autonomy, but there is some point in every season where the defense becomes markedly more exotic with a certain feel to it Klieman had his hands all over it. Entz also could be a better head coach than a coordinator and this time will have proved to be valuable setting him up for something bigger regardless of how much someone else had an influence on the defense. It could also be the two work very well together and they each like their place.