Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I hear you, but couldn't you also argue that since the D is so damn good, you should go for it more on fourth and short after midfield, knowing your defense can bail you out? This is even more true when the punt unit is struggling, for whatever reason.
    There is definitely a time and place for going for it. I think most defensive HC's are always going to be more conservative. Coach K definitely needs to get better special teams play if he's going that route though. A punter who can flip the field or pin the other team inside the 10 is a must!

How about that Southern Speed, a'mirte?

How long are we going to have Matt Entz around? His defenses have been lights out since he got here. Sure Coach K has alot to do with it but it's been his show for a while and there has not been any drop off. Somebody is going to come around and offer him a shot somewhere soon, right?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I hear you, but couldn't you also argue that since the D is so damn good, you should go for it more on fourth and short after midfield, knowing your defense can bail you out? This is even more true when the punt unit is struggling, for whatever reason.
    I guess coach k is ok with a 30-35yd punt vs taking a chance against a salty defense. Probably all about momentum and trying to win the battle of field position.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    How long are we going to have Matt Entz around? His defenses have been lights out since he got here. Sure Coach K has alot to do with it but it's been his show for a while and there has not been any drop off. Somebody is going to come around and offer him a shot somewhere soon, right?
    My hot take: Klieman finally has a staff I think he really wanted. This could be wrong, but this is the staff he takes with him when he leaves. They are all from Waterloo, that's a pretty strong connection.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Naw, I happen to know from good authority that Coach K has a mock-up game of N64 Blitz he uses to simulate and use to call plays off of.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I guess coach k is ok with a 30-35yd punt vs taking a chance against a salty defense. Probably all about momentum and trying to win the battle of field position.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Didn't Klieman say after the game that they LOST the battle for field position?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Didn't Klieman say after the game that they LOST the battle for field position?
    With too many of JMU's drives starting on our side of the field, that is a fair assessment.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    My hot take: Klieman finally has a staff I think he really wanted. This could be wrong, but this is the staff he takes with him when he leaves. They are all from Waterloo, that's a pretty strong connection.
    If Klieman left...I wonder if we would keep one of the current staff as head coach. Entz or Hedberg? Not sure if Hedberg would even want it...but he was a head coach before. Would think he could do a good job with NDSU's resources vs what he had at St Cloud St years ago. But, I'm guessing he doesn't want the headache of head coach anymore...but enjoys being back home in ND. I would have to think Entz would stay for a HC position if offered.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Maybe Coach K and staff will go to UNI. <purple>
    Get your BB tickets now!!!