Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    What I hate is the damage my liver sustained in Frisco drinking with Bison fans. You whiny bastards can flat put away some alcohol, my 5 am wake up call Sunday morning hurt me for 2 days.
    Its a survival mechanism as we head to 30 below again this week/weekend.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Its a survival mechanism as we head to 30 below again this week/weekend.
    I suppose if that was staring me in the face my tolerance would be higher as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    I suppose if that was staring me in the face my tolerance would be higher as well.
    That's what she said.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    It's one thing for you to say y'all when speaking. It's another to actually type it out in your sentence.

Damned auto-correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    What if Stick's 22 pass attempts where all completions for touch downs?! I don't think JMU would have recovered from that. Also, what if one of those touch downs was a mega bonus multiplier score and doubled the number of points we had. Oh, and what if aliens would have descended on Toyota Stadium and abducted Terrell Owens and the JMU starters?

These are the what-ifs we need to be talking about.
    Don't be silly. The mega bonus multiplier ball--the florescent green one covered in red glitter--was never used in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    We had a few JMU people at our post game tailgate and after 2 hrs, they were saying "no more alcohol, no more"
    How I imagine most Bison fans' reaction to that statement:

Hail the BISON!!!

Man I wish Weber wouldn't have choked away that game so they would've lost at home to a big sky at large team, at home, so we don't have to hear about their fuck ups and different results had they not fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Man I wish Weber wouldn't have choked away that game so they would've lost at home to a big sky at large team, at home, so we don't have to hear about their fuck ups and different results had they not fucked up.
    JMU got lucky even getting to NC basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    [Commence rant]
    Just need to vent along that line. Obviously not all, or even most, JMU fans are this way. In fact several on this thread are a joy to talk to, particularly JMUSteeler. But I am tired of the JMU fans that want to pretend that what happened on Saturday was nothing but a fluke. Everything that they did right was a result of their superior skill. And all the plays that went wrong for them were a result of bad luck or something that "never happens." As if the Bison were there to be cannon fodder for them. NO "dropped" pass had anything to do with Bison defense. Tanguay's interception took away the TD they "deserved" so they should get "credit" for those 7 points. They missed a makeable FG (40+ yards from a hashmark is makeable, but hardly a "gimme"), so they want credit for that 3 points. Therefore, add 10 points for what they "deserve" and the won the game. Plus the throw to Kloosterman should have been a TD but it was overthrown. Nevermind I think there was a Bison linebacker right in the line of fire preventing Schor from throwing it lower and a couple defenders around him and closing fast so if it is lobbed to him they will possibly be able to break it up. The throw to Alls was the one that was, I believe, thrown behind the runner. Each of these "should have" resulted in a TD. Therefore, NDSU was fortunate to come out with a win.

It was a close game. I get that. By their nature close games lend themselves to counter-factuals ("What if...?") I get that. I have had my favorite teams on the losing side of those too. But you don't get to change everything that went wrong, change it to something going right, then insist that this means you "really" won the game despite what the score said. Yes, JMU's defense was good. I have no problem saying that their defense was outstanding. But they were also defending a long field almost all day making scoring a lot more difficult. NDSU's defense was frequently STARTING drives in their own territory and still gave up fewer yards and fewer points. One drive might be "luck," or "unforced errors" but doing it virtually all day? Some of that is credit to the defense. Their 3rd and 4th string cornerbacks were going up against a quality receiving corps (why didn't Stapleton do more during the season?) and did better than I expected. The run defense was lights out. They contained Schor, a very good QB not only bottling him up but seemed to rattle him by the end.

I, and I am sure most Bison fans, don't need sycophantic praise. I don't need/want them to grovel and pretend that they were just cannon fodder on NDSU's march to the title. I don't need them to "proclaim" NDSU kings of FCS. What I would appreciate hearing/reading from them would be something along the lines of, "WOW, that was a great game. We had a great season and are a very good/great team. On this day NDSU won the game fair and square. I like our chances to beat you next time." That was my honest response when JMU won last year. That was my response when SDSU beat NDSU this year. But the whole thing of saying NDSU didn't "deserve" to win the game, or that they "outplayed NDSU" in anything but special teams, or their poor clock management/play-calling were to blame as if NDSU didn't have any questionable ones as well, we never drop those passes, gets really old.

Maybe it is just "too soon." If so, we'll see what happens when the shock and initial pain wears off.

[End of rant]

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    [Commence rant]
    Just need to vent along that line. Obviously not all, or even most, JMU fans are this way. In fact several on this thread are a joy to talk to, particularly JMUSteeler. But I am tired of the JMU fans that want to pretend that what happened on Saturday was nothing but a fluke. Everything that they did right was a result of their superior skill. And all the plays that went wrong for them were a result of bad luck or something that "never happens." As if the Bison were there to be cannon fodder for them. NO "dropped" pass had anything to do with Bison defense. Tanguay's interception took away the TD they "deserved" so they should get "credit" for those 7 points. They missed a makeable FG (40+ yards from a hashmark is makeable, but hardly a "gimme"), so they want credit for that 3 points. Therefore, add 10 points for what they "deserve" and the won the game. Plus the throw to Kloosterman should have been a TD but it was overthrown. Nevermind I think there was a Bison linebacker right in the line of fire preventing Schor from throwing it lower and a couple defenders around him and closing fast so if it is lobbed to him they will possibly be able to break it up. The throw to Alls was the one that was, I believe, thrown behind the runner. Each of these "should have" resulted in a TD. Therefore, NDSU was fortunate to come out with a win.

It was a close game. I get that. By their nature close games lend themselves to counter-factuals ("What if...?") I get that. I have had my favorite teams on the losing side of those too. But you don't get to change everything that went wrong, change it to something going right, then insist that this means you "really" won the game despite what the score said. Yes, JMU's defense was good. I have no problem saying that their defense was outstanding. But they were also defending a long field almost all day making scoring a lot more difficult. NDSU's defense was frequently STARTING drives in their own territory and still gave up fewer yards and fewer points. One drive might be "luck," or "unforced errors" but doing it virtually all day? Some of that is credit to the defense. Their 3rd and 4th string cornerbacks were going up against a quality receiving corps (why didn't Stapleton do more during the season?) and did better than I expected. The run defense was lights out. They contained Schor, a very good QB not only bottling him up but seemed to rattle him by the end.

I, and I am sure most Bison fans, don't need sycophantic praise. I don't need/want them to grovel and pretend that they were just cannon fodder on NDSU's march to the title. I don't need them to "proclaim" NDSU kings of FCS. What I would appreciate hearing/reading from them would be something along the lines of, "WOW, that was a great game. We had a great season and are a very good/great team. On this day NDSU won the game fair and square. I like our chances to beat you next time." That was my honest response when JMU won last year. That was my response when SDSU beat NDSU this year. But the whole thing of saying NDSU didn't "deserve" to win the game, or that they "outplayed NDSU" in anything but special teams, or their poor clock management/play-calling were to blame as if NDSU didn't have any questionable ones as well, we never drop those passes, gets really old.

Maybe it is just "too soon." If so, we'll see what happens when the shock and initial pain wears off.

[End of rant]
    I watched JMU play several games and said all along we could beat them, bad calls and luck went both ways