Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    JMUSB Podcast: Coming to Grips with the National Championship Results.

http://jmusportsblog.com/
    "Bison fans in real life are nicer than Bison fans on Twitter" from the Twitter that shit talked Bison fans for 3 weeks
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    JMUSB Podcast: Coming to Grips with the National Championship Results.

http://jmusportsblog.com/
    they don't understand that Scheme can dictate execution.

MAYBE just MAYBE......SU's defensive scheme impacted JMU play which contributed to the drops.

Bottom line big-time players make big-time plays.....Well! And, no I dont think Stapelton was the best athlete on the field by a country mile.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 01-11-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    not sure if this was posted but here is "THE FUMBLE" everyone is talking about, pretty clear it was a good call, don't know how to make it large

Attachment 8220
    No no no, that was clearly after his knees hit the ground and then they both popped back up 4-6" at the same time with hundreds of extra pounds on his back.

Coming out of a restaurant Sunday morning an older gentleman stopped us and told us he was glad we were back and that he watched the game. He said he met bison fans when we were down there last and they talked football with him. So yes, everyone hates us.
    So, you can make fun of ND, beer drinking, and all the other stuff.
    But in the end, NDSU has 6 championships. And. They. Don't
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Boring day at work so I got curious.

This is the sour grapes-iest thread I have EVER seen.

http://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/3514/frisco-recap

That OP has me blocked on Twitter, he is delusional AF. What kind of cuck goes to the championship game to root for another team at random?
    The one I like the best was "NDSU has fans that aren't even alums, JSU has alums that aren't even fans". That says a lot about both programs.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The single craziest thing in that blog post is the rushing yards. Clearly the fake punt and Stick's last run were factored into that. NDSU didn't dominate the ground game by our standards, but they were way more effective than JMU throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    they don't understand that Scheme can dictate execution.

MAYBE just MAYBE......SU's defensive scheme impacted JMU play which contributed to the drops.

Bottom line big-time players make big-time plays.....Well! And, no I dont think Stapelton was the best athlete on the field by a country mile.
    Boom. WAY more credit should be given to Stick and Shepard on the 50-yard bomb. Easy for QB and or WR to shit pants when that wide open. Stick threw a soft dime in stride to Shep and he caught it with nice touch/soft hands. Thing of beauty. Reminded me of the bomb to Locket over Heagle in KSU game.

And 2 other things. Shep had not caught a TD the entire year, and dropped a perfectly thrown bomb that would have been a TD in the MVSU game to open season. What a contrast. 1st game of season that was a blowout compared to a Natty that meant everything and Shep makes the catch and Stick the throw. Juxtapose that to errant JMU QB throws (one over the middle that would have been a TD, but was overthrown) and the several WR drops. Fuck ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    From JaxState board: "It was fun to talk with the bartenders at all the bars, they hate the NDSU crowd. They all said it is the best and worst weekend of the year. They make tons of money, because they jack the price up and trick them into to over paying. They had a sign up that said Dos XX $8 a bottle* or get a bucket of 4 for $35. He said it was a joke between the bar tenders until people started ordering the bucket, so they went with it. They would stick the extra three in the tip jar."

Okay, now which one of you NDSU math majors couldn't do the math and conclude that buying the bucket of 4 was NOT a better deal than buying 4 bottles, one at a time??!!*
    Its a better deal to pay the extra 3 bucks so you dont have to keep going back for one bottle of beer and you have a bucket with ice in it to keep the other 3 cold. Of course thats just the way I would look at it if I were drinking.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Only 49 pages late to the game...

My takeaways from the game;

1. Jabril Cox is going to be an absolute dude.
    2. Bridges, the guy is going to be a difference maker.. not ready to make M. Wills comparisons but am willing to say 6+ picks next season.
    3. James Madison deserves a ton of credit, it's tough to say where this game ends up if they have even half of the drops that they did.

That said; our O-line let Easton get hit a lot more than I'd like to see... I think that is more credit to them than it is a knock on us. I loved watching a physical hard-nose football game, you line your guys up against ours and let's play. It is tough to tell where they'd land in the MVFC playing week in and week out but I have to start respecting the CAA more than I have in the past.
    Spider 2 Y Banana

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Boom. WAY more credit should be given to Stick and Shepard on the 50-yard bomb. Easy for QB and or WR to shit pants when that wide open. Stick threw a soft dime in stride to Shep and he caught it with nice touch/soft hands. Thing of beauty. Reminded me of the bomb to Locket over Heagle in KSU game.

And 2 other things. Shep had not caught a TD the entire year, and dropped a perfectly thrown bomb that would have been a TD in the MVSU game to open season. What a contrast. 1st game of season that was a blowout compared to a Natty that meant everything and Shep makes the catch and Stick the throw. Juxtapose that to errant JMU QB throws (one over the middle that would have been a TD, but was overthrown) and the several WR drops. Fuck ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Klieman pointed out after the game that that play was DESIGNED to work that way. It was the situation they were waiting for--though I doubt they said, "Thank God we have 3-17 a the 50, now we have them right where we want them." I can't find a good camera angle but I am guessing that the coaches noticed some kind of tendency in the JMU DBs. Maybe something like they will jump on a route that is just deep enough for a first down and may lose track of a guy streaking down the field. Again, I don't know that this is the exact case but those are the kinds of things that coaches notice.

Finally, I have a world of respect for the JMU team and coaches. They played their hearts out. They are a very good team and it is possible if we had to play a "series" against them that it would go the distance. I think NDSU would win the series but it wouldn't be a blow out like some championships are. I wish them the best of luck next year and hope we meet them again.